Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Minor Accident

Old 02-17-2003, 01:37 PM
PmPiNAzNBoI
WaSsuP?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Minor Accident

I was backing up and some van sped by and clipped me. I'm so mad, but it was partly my fault. The rear bumper is scratched up, but I don't care about that. The thing I DO care about is that there a HUGE DENT on the tip of my muffler. URgGG, is there anything I can do to remove it? Would either a muffler shop or rim shop be able to remove the dent?
Old 02-17-2003, 02:34 PM
proteus

If you have access to a rubber hammer and a block of wood or a special body shop tool it should be easy. There is one tool i saw on trucks, it is a little rod that goes under the dent attached to a flat piece that supports the metal when struck.

Actually if you are careful it does not have to be a rubber hammer, just make sure whatever you support the outside of it with will not hurt it.
Old 02-17-2003, 07:04 PM
phat99accord
BMW Tech

ya i need 2 find that tool. when i got my catback shipped 2 me i had a dent on the bottom. i tried 2 fix it but it didnt work. prob didnt try hard enough.
Old 02-17-2003, 07:06 PM
bruce_91zx
engiNERD

Oh ****, sorry to hear that man. Crap, and I didn't even get to see it before this happened. What if you had the muffler shop switch tips, i dunno if they can do that, but its an idea.