Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2003 Accord EX 4cylinder PVC valve

Old 09-03-2009, 10:22 AM
heric

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 Accord EX 4cylinder PVC valve

This is my second thread in two days, and I meant to ask about this in my previous thread. For most viewers on this site, this one is probably pretty simple.

When I tried to replace the PCV valve in this thing, the place I expected the PCV to be is occupied by a little plastic cylinder shape thing, projecting upward off the manifold, with a couple of outlets on it for connection of the hoses. I assume the PCV valve is inside this thing (it's about the right size) but I don't see how to get it off, and I'm afraid of trying too hard and breaking it. The new PCV valve in the box doesn't include such a housing, sleeve, or whatever it may be.

I don't do a lot of my own work on cars any more, so I haven't bought a repair manual. I stopped into two auto parts store to get one, but there weren't any manuals on the shelf for the '03 Accord.

So, I'm not even sure this gizmo contains the PCV valve at all. Is there any place online I can get a drawing or illustration showing the PCV valve location on this car, and maybe directions for getting at it and getting it off? Thanks.
Old 10-10-2009, 11:18 PM
speedy888

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The PCV valve is located just above the alternator, you will need to remove the hose and use a 17mm long socket to remove the PCV valve.