Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problems with the 2007 Accord LX

Old 08-15-2009, 12:55 PM
Trinimd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with the 2007 Accord LX

Just got a 2007 LX for 10K with under 50k highway miles.

These are the few problems I have encountered. Please feel free to comment on them.

1. Squeeking of steering wheel when I turn from getting out of a parking lot. Not necessarily during driving.

2. Tint scratches on both front doors. (known problem with felt on door)

3. Rear window (not used much) but when I put it down the window is initially stuck in the groove then opens fine.

4. Saw on the forums that the brake discs go bad due to the LX only having front discs.

If there are any other problems I should look out for let me know. Also any advice on the squeeking from the steering wheel?
Old 08-16-2009, 08:02 AM
Accord1278

Originally Posted by Trinimd
Just got a 2007 LX for 10K with under 50k highway miles.

These are the few problems I have encountered. Please feel free to comment on them.

1. Squeeking of steering wheel when I turn from getting out of a parking lot. Not necessarily during driving.

2. Tint scratches on both front doors. (known problem with felt on door)

3. Rear window (not used much) but when I put it down the window is initially stuck in the groove then opens fine.

4. Saw on the forums that the brake discs go bad due to the LX only having front discs.

If there are any other problems I should look out for let me know. Also any advice on the squeeking from the steering wheel?

1. Relatively normal... mine does that for like a millisecond and doesn't come back.

2. It's a USED car

3. Normal...usually happens with all windows when you don't open them for a while and they seem to get "stuck". Seems to happen after like it rains, etc. Same thing happens to your doors when you don't open them for a while, they tend to get "stuck" initially as well.

4. My rear drums where starting to make noise a little bit but nothing outrageous. I changed out my front rotors, rear drums, and brake pads around 65k miles (I didn't feel like getting them cut, was just easier to buy new ones).
Old 08-19-2009, 11:52 AM
cruzalekz

squeaking---------hey, try having the powersteering fluid flushed-----use oem fluid