Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

good combo for springs/shocks?

Old 02-04-2003, 10:49 AM
UCIntegra1
5th Gen Squad... huh???

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default good combo for springs/shocks?

Wassup! I have recently bought a set of R-SR down springs for my 95 Accord and was wondering what shocks would complement the springs well. I was thinking either KYB AGX or maybe even Koni Yellows, but I think the Koni's are pretty expensive. Basically, I'm just looking for a semi-race tuned ride. Nothing TOO stiff. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks!
Old 02-04-2003, 11:16 AM
d21x
Ownz JOO

kyb agx's should be fine. how low of a drop are those??? if they're not that low you could get tokico blues.
Old 02-04-2003, 11:40 AM
patastinky

yellow's own all... depends on the drop..!

if your going w/ no more then a 2.25 get AGX they are warrented up to a 2.25 drop.. TOKICO's i dont like blues sux, road on them in a g20 ride like **** and blew all the time..

if you go w/ a 2.50 or more get yellow's bro they own..

i am on bilstien shox front and stox in the rear (for now) on 3.25 sprint extremes and my **** is proper
Old 02-04-2003, 01:34 PM
JJJ784
No Soup For You!

why didn't you get the cup kit like me? theycome with yellows painted silver. anyhow, i'm a koni fan. i would go with koni reds if you don't mind them being internally adjustable (mine are in teh rear). but kyb are nice since they are ext adj. i know konis are made in holland (mine are), but not sure where kyb's are made. anyhow, if i didn't get my cup kit, i was gonna get either kyb agx or koni reds.
Old 02-04-2003, 01:56 PM
dantastic
cx power!

rsr springs have really good-riding rates. my friend had them on his lude with stock shocks, and it didnt ride that much different from stock
Old 02-04-2003, 04:08 PM
94 Accord

currently running tokiko blues on my neuspeed sports and they are about the worst shocks you could ever get . they are so bouncy which doesnt go over well with my wtype lip kit . go koni if u want to do it right . i have never talked to anyone with the yellows that ever had regrets . that says a lot .
Old 02-05-2003, 12:59 AM
UCIntegra1
5th Gen Squad... huh???

Cool cool, guys and gals. Thanks much for the input. By the way, my R-SR down springs are 1.75" drop all around. Sorry for making all of you guess . Yeah, I'm still deciding on either Koni's or KYB's. I guess I'll try and do my homework on both of them. I'm still open for suggestions as to what shocks would go well with my R-SR down springs. Thanks!