Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My speedometer is on crack.

Old 01-29-2003, 03:36 PM
djmtsu
nopistons

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My speedometer is on crack.

I am confused, when I start my car, the needle bounces then rests at 20mph. It will flutter until I get going about 5-10 mph, but stay at 20 the whole time. Then randomly it will shoot up and read the corrext speed. Then the next time I start her up, the same thing happens. This didn't start until yesterday, it has been unseasonably cold here in Tennessee, but it got up to the 40's yesterday, when it all started. Do you think the cold has something to do with it, or the fact that my chassis and about all electrics have 170k on them. Anyway if anyone knows what the hell is wrong, let me know please.

P.S.- Since the cold weather, my fuel gauge is now reading full when it used to only go up to about 3/4
Old 01-29-2003, 03:44 PM
dantastic
cx power!

make sure your VSS is grounded well. then try swapping it with one from another car..... if it still doesnt work, try swapping clusters with a buddy.... if all else fails, sit and a corner and cry :P (cant help u there)
Old 01-29-2003, 04:24 PM
djmtsu
nopistons

None of my friends have an Accord, so I guess I'll have to dig in and get dirty. Oh well, I guess if I can't pinpoint, then off to Honda I'll go. poop
Old 01-29-2003, 06:29 PM
Blikkem

Sounds like a loose wire somewhere. It's been 15 degrees here for about a month and nothing has happened to mine.
Old 01-29-2003, 06:45 PM
djmtsu
nopistons

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too, I'll dig in Saturday when it is supposed to be 60 out!
Old 01-30-2003, 03:19 PM
vermsta

I'm with dantastic you may want to check out your vss, only one problem it's kinda weird that it's putting out a speed signal not moving, I would also check the ac voltage of your car that's right I said ac voltage not dc, because if you have too much ac voltage it will do wierd things to your hall effect sensors. Too much ac voltage would be more than .5 volts.
Old 01-30-2003, 05:40 PM
djmtsu
nopistons

It was fine today, which makes me think it is something behind the dash, like I said, Saturday I'll look into it.