Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about 98 Accord OEM factory kit

Old 01-23-2003, 02:16 PM
edkim4583

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about 98 Accord OEM factory kit

I have a 2001 Honda Accord Coupe and i recently acquired a OEM kit for the honda accord cept its for the 98 model in which the front and rear bumpers are different from mine. To use this factory kit, do i have to replace my front and rear bumpers to the 98 ones to mount? i have minor dings and **** in my current bumpers, front and back anyways and i was looking to replace but i was wondering if swapping bumpers is a must to mount this oem kit.
Old 01-23-2003, 02:19 PM
jschmid

Yeah, to get them to fit you need to swap your bumpers for 98-00 ones.

I actually talked to one guy who swapped the front bumper from his 01 to a 98-00, but got the OEM rear lip to fit on his 01 rear bumper.
Old 01-23-2003, 02:20 PM
edkim4583

My car has been outdoors for about 1 and a half years. the body kit i got is the same satin silver as my car but do u think there will be a color difference now that my car has been outdoors for so long? or does color fade not kick in for like a few more years?
Old 01-23-2003, 02:29 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by edkim4583
My car has been outdoors for about 1 and a half years. the body kit i got is the same satin silver as my car but do u think there will be a color difference now that my car has been outdoors for so long? or does color fade not kick in for like a few more years?
My car was outdoors for 2 years and when I put the body kit on I couldn't tell the difference unless I got down real close...but it definetly was not "noticeable." I definetly suggest getting the 98-00 front bumper if you can afford it...IMO, the 98-00 front bumper with the OEM underbody kit looks far better than the 2001-02 bumper.

I would also suggest getting this for the side sills:

They're only $50 and cover up the holes that the underbody kit sidesills leave. They look very classy too. If you can't read it, they have the Honda insignia on the left followed by 'COUPE' in the Honda font.
Old 01-23-2003, 02:31 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Here...can you tell the difference between the underbody kit color and the car color?

it's a VERY slight difference. I also suggest putting the kit on yourself...it is EXTREMELY easy (I am pretty car dumb and still did it with a friend) and it's pretty fun too. I put the whole thing on and cleared my headlights in a day. BTW, www.handaaccessories.com will have the best prices for the underbody kit...I got mine when it went on sale and it was less than $400.
Old 01-23-2003, 02:33 PM
edkim4583

hey san marino, ive admired ur car for many years now. uve been around this forum for ages... where did u get those little coupe strip things? cuz if there are holes in the underbody i am def getting those. they look phat... where and how mucH? i didnt see the strips on the haandaaccessories site...
Old 01-23-2003, 02:52 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Originally posted by edkim4583
hey san marino, ive admired ur car for many years now. uve been around this forum for ages... where did u get those little coupe strip things? cuz if there are holes in the underbody i am def getting those. they look phat... where and how mucH? i didnt see the strips on the haandaaccessories site...
Holy crap, you remember my old name :rofl: That's awesome. Thanks for the compliment :thumbup:

There are 3 or 4 sets of 2 small little holes right where you step into the car...I have no idea why they're there. They're called "1998-200 Side Sill Trim". They were originally made for the 94-97 Accord Coupe, but fit our model perfectly. You can find very good directions on that said website. Honda makes VERY good directions, and you get little templates to make drilling easy. The cost of those trim things is only $46, they list for like $89. I've never seen anyone on the internet or in real life with them.

I've been on this forum since December 1999, about a week after I bought my San Marino Coupe...my old Coupe was involved in a crash in August of 2001 and was totalled. I was okay, but my car was not. I bought a 2002 Acura RSX-S shortly afterwards and had that until just a couple months ago, when I couldn't keep up on payments. As a result, I traded cars with my brother. He took over my payments, and I took his car...incidentally, the exact same make and model, just un-modified and a year older (1998). He has a job as a doctor, so he's making plenty of money and was nice about helping me out...I'm going to pay him back the 15 grand or so I owe him for the car after I get out of college.

Here's some more pictures of my old car because I'm so shallow and respond to compliments so well when spring comes, I've already got the EX-V6 alloys, the underbody kit, and the side sill trim to install and I'm gonna clear my headlights as I do it...so I'll be back to exactly where I was a couple years ago

I found a better pic of my side sill trim:

If you need help on installing it or anything, hit me up on AIM at ChrisHS2000

Chris
Old 01-23-2003, 06:48 PM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

pic of my accord with the kit ...