Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1 Day Paint and Body

Old 01-21-2003, 09:39 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1 Day Paint and Body

I recently got a quote from these guys to paint my 5th gen Accord sedan Lexus IS300 Graphite Grey pearl, they quoted me $550 incl. all bodywork. I am getting the plus 3 system paint systems here My car is bordeaux red pearl right now, they are gonna do the door jambs, trunk and hood for a complete color change. Im gonna have them paint my moldings,skirts and lips as well. It's guaranteed for 5 years against fading,wrinkling or cracking. Anybody had thier car painted there or know of someone who did?
Old 01-21-2003, 11:03 PM
tim

thats really cheap
Old 01-22-2003, 03:36 AM
SWOOSHER21
Fight Rice

are they stripping the paint first, or are they painting right over top of the red like MAACO would do? 550 sounds like a damn cheap paint job. i wouldnt risk having my car look like ass just because the paint job was cheap and affordable.
Old 01-22-2003, 05:28 AM
LocaL raCer
R.I.P. Kato-san

Originally posted by SWOOSHER21
are they stripping the paint first, or are they painting right over top of the red like MAACO would do? 550 sounds like a damn cheap paint job. i wouldnt risk having my car look like ass just because the paint job was cheap and affordable.
:doh: apparently you didn't click the link...
Old 01-22-2003, 06:04 AM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by LocaL raCer
:doh: apparently you didn't click the link...
:werd:
Old 01-22-2003, 06:06 AM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by tim
thats really cheap
It is?!?! I thought that was expensive!!!

I know how cheap it is, my question was what your opinion on the quality of the job they do if you have firsthand knowledge either by having had you car painted there or knowing somebody who did.
Old 01-22-2003, 07:47 AM
94AccordSedanEX

Price usually shows quality, but not in all places. Maybe prepping the car yourself would be best since shops dont usually do good prepping if they're cheap.
Old 01-22-2003, 09:19 AM
99accord520

where are you located? I"m in tucson..
Anyways i always get my car painted at one day..i always get the plus 4. the owner here is great, and if i have a complaint all i have to do is take it in and he'll fix it. you can look at my paint job at http://photos.yahoo.com/nguyennhu23
My paint job usualy cost $1100, but i pay no-where near as much. But also they ONLY do a good job on certain cars, like friends. I know people who bring their cars in and pay more but does not get the quality i do. so talk to the guy, that might help.
Old 01-22-2003, 11:37 AM
whoaitslen2
hermit

You get what you pay for..

My friend got his gst painted there candy appple red. Started to peel and chip in a month. Well it was fine till he scraped his front bumper on a wall. From there the scrape started to chip and peel away. Dont know what package he got but the whole car looks like **** now. Id rather pay the $$$$ and get it done right then to have to go back every now and then to get a touch up. My $0.02..
Old 01-22-2003, 12:19 PM
smakdown

Originally posted by whoaitslen2
You get what you pay for..

My friend got his gst painted there candy appple red. Started to peel and chip in a month. Well it was fine till he scraped his front bumper on a wall. From there the scrape started to chip and peel away. Dont know what package he got but the whole car looks like **** now. Id rather pay the $$$$ and get it done right then to have to go back every now and then to get a touch up. My $0.02..
I agree, if you want it to last without the headache of trying to get these people to touch up often, go the expensive way and get the real paint job. It costs like $2000-$5000 depending on what color you get, but they do it professionally. As in taking off all of your cars exterior parts, stripping the paint, sanding the metal, preping it, painting, baking the paint on, etc... Its basically how brand new cars are painted. It will last a lifetime, not just 5 years.....

Then again, if you don't plan on having your car for much longer, go for the cheap stuff then sell it to some kid who doesn't know any better.