Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what's the diff?

Old 01-21-2003, 06:32 AM
Coop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what's the diff?

so i'm buying an accord, i think (haven't actually driven one but i have pretty much made up my mind anyway..) i've got 2 1997 models, an SE and an EX (R?), so what is the diff, and where's the vtec?
Old 01-21-2003, 06:44 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The SE is basically an LX with a few addition features, such as CD and moonroof. EX had 145HP VTEC SOHC 2.2L, DX/LX/SE had a 130HP SOHC 2.2L.

Originally posted by vtecinside
For performance get the LX

Suspension is basically the same except the LX doesn't have a rear sway bar.

The EX makes 15 more horsepower and has VTEC.

The LX is lighter without the sunroof.

The LX and EX 5spd is the same.

Reasons to get the EX:

Looks better in terms of wheels, moldings, stock exhaust (most of which will be changed anyway)

Better platform if your going to stay F22.

Sunroof.

Rear Disc Brakes and ABS.

noel
Sorry Noel, I had to edit it a bit to fit this thread

Chris
Old 01-21-2003, 07:00 AM
Coop

alright so ex it is then...thx

anyone wanna buy an suv?
Old 01-21-2003, 07:02 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Originally posted by Coop
alright so ex it is then...thx

anyone wanna buy an suv?
No problem. I also forgot to add in that the '97 EX has a CD player as well. What kind of SUV?
Old 01-21-2003, 07:11 AM
Coop

1997 toyota 4runner sr5 4x4 auto, (asking $21500 cdn) i hate to let her go, but $$$, gonna focus on paying down some debt and then travel baby!

i'm sure i'll be happy with the accord, hopefully fuel economy is alright...i was getting about 270mi from a tank (15gal), but the big selling point is the styling on the car plus the reliability of the honda product (as is the case with the toyota).
Old 01-21-2003, 07:14 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

1997 toyota 4runner sr5 4x4 auto, (asking $21500 cdn) i hate to let her go, but $$$, gonna focus on paying down some debt and then travel baby!

i'm sure i'll be happy with the accord, hopefully fuel economy is alright...i was getting about 270mi from a tank (15gal), but the big selling point is the styling on the car plus the reliability of the honda product (as is the case with the toyota).
You'll definetly get reliability and good style with the 94-97 Accord..good luck on your purchase, and welcome to HAN Do you have any plans to modify the car at any point in the future?
Old 01-21-2003, 07:17 AM
Coop

to mod or not to mod that is the question isn't it! i'm not planning on doing too much to it, but i know how much fun it can be, i put some mods on the toy and learned a lot about the truck in the meantime! so i can definately see the same thing happening to the honda!
Old 01-21-2003, 07:22 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

to mod or not to mod that is the question isn't it! i'm not planning on doing too much to it, but i know how much fun it can be, i put some mods on the toy and learned a lot about the truck in the meantime! so i can definately see the same thing happening to the honda!
I'm not going crazy on my car, just doing some minor cosmetic changes to make my car different from the million other Accords...cleared headlights, spoiler, Honda underbody kit, 17" wheels, etc. If I have the money, I will probably put on a Comptech header/exhaust...but I don't want to make my car too loud or kill the ride comfort.

There's so much available for the Accords in terms of cosmetic and engine modifications...these cars can truly be however fast you want and however good you want them to look.

Chris