Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

91 Accord Wagon VSS problem

Old 04-04-2009, 04:31 PM
Chard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 91 Accord Wagon VSS problem

My cars' speedometer's needle would just drop down to zero then it would go back up to my actual speed while I'm driving then would plop back down to zero again then up again. Seems kinda some voodoo work. This has been happening for about 2 months now to my car and lately, the CEL turned on but I could still shift it into other gears. The tachometer would continue to rev though according to the speed that I have.

By the time I got home on the 2x that the CEL was on, I turned off the engine and turned it back on then the CEL would turned off.

My mechanic said that I would be alright and the vehicle would not stop since I have a manual trans car b/c if it would only happen to an auto since it the shifting is controlled by a computer.

Any thoughts on this one. Thanks.
Old 04-05-2009, 06:16 AM
tommytomtom17
Honda Driver

Replace your speed sensor :P
Old 04-07-2009, 02:59 AM
bonami

Originally Posted by Chard
My cars' speedometer's needle would just drop down to zero then it would go back up to my actual speed while I'm driving then would plop back down to zero again then up again. Seems kinda some voodoo work. This has been happening for about 2 months now to my car and lately, the CEL turned on but I could still shift it into other gears. The tachometer would continue to rev though according to the speed that I have.

By the time I got home on the 2x that the CEL was on, I turned off the engine and turned it back on then the CEL would turned off.

My mechanic said that I would be alright and the vehicle would not stop since I have a manual trans car b/c if it would only happen to an auto since it the shifting is controlled by a computer.

Any thoughts on this one. Thanks.
I had a similar problem on my Vtec. I discovered after months of trial and arror that teh problem was causd by a misconnection on the VSS plug. Just make sure that there is no moisture/water in the plug as this turned out to be the cause in my case.

Your car wont stop but you will loose some of the power due to the error log.

Bonami
Johannesbug