Notices

Please post pics of your DIY JDM headlights

Old 01-12-2003, 03:07 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please post pics of......................

your DIY jdm style headlights on your 5th gen accord. I want to do mine but I'd like to see where you guys masked yours at. Close ups only please, so I can see what parts got painted.
Old 01-12-2003, 05:26 PM
SWOOSHER21
Fight Rice

i dont have any pics, but i have to tell you i love your sig. thats tight.
Old 01-12-2003, 06:13 PM
cryogen97
Stealth bling bling

best pic I have (not mine) of th true JDM style:

darker, my style:
Old 01-12-2003, 06:48 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by SWOOSHER21
i dont have any pics, but i have to tell you i love your sig. thats tight.
:thumbup: Thanks
Old 01-12-2003, 06:59 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Thanks for the pics mang, they both are clear examples of my question about this mod. If you look in the pic below, this is kinda how I did mine(masked only so far) but I did mine in a way that looks like there is only one line going from one side of the assy to the other(referring to the bottom part). I don't know if that's clear enough for you guys to understand, but if you were to pretend the divider wasn't there, on the one pictured, it would look as if there were two lines instead of one line going all the way across like mine.

This is the way I was thinking about doing it. All of the smooth surfaces on this assy are painted. Would doing it like this reduce the amount of light they put out? I think this way looks better personally and would like to do mine like this if my light output were to stay the same.

Which one resembles yours? If you have done this mod please answer, and how did it effect the light output, if at all. Thanks.
Old 01-12-2003, 07:50 PM
AadosX

I am thinking about doing this mod and ditching my Halos... I would prolly do the bottom one... I DOUBT it would reduce light output barely at all if any... definitely not noticable! But to be honest I doubt the two would look much diff. installed.
Old 01-12-2003, 07:52 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by AadosX
I am thinking about doing this mod and ditching my Halos... I would prolly do the bottom one... I DOUBT it would reduce light output barely at all if any... definitely not noticable! But to be honest I doubt the two would look much diff. installed.
I'd be willing to take ur halos off ur hands:naughty: why u want to get rid of em?
Old 01-12-2003, 07:56 PM
cryogen97
Stealth bling bling

Mine are like the bottom example, with the chome cup over the bulb painted as well for ultra darkness. The light output is a bit more focused with no noticeable loss in useable light.
Old 01-12-2003, 10:08 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by cryogen97
Mine are like the bottom example, with the chome cup over the bulb painted as well for ultra darkness. The light output is a bit more focused with no noticeable loss in useable light.
Whew! I just got done masking half of my assy. It's kinda tedious. Not hard to do, just take time. I am doing it like yours, except im not gonna paint the cap. Aight, time to do the high beam now.
Old 01-12-2003, 10:28 PM
Big Chris

I've never thought of opening my headlights and painting them. Good idea!!! Just found my new project!