Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5th gen Power Antenna Trouble

Old 01-10-2003, 04:12 PM
Samson
chris is the devil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5th gen Power Antenna Trouble

My antenna will go up fine, but then wont go back down. This started about a month ago on a cold morning.... i got to school, then it didnt go down. So now, i took the thing apart to see whats wrong with it..... Ive found that the plastic long thing attatched to the antenna mast with all those groove things goes a little too far up when the antenna extends up so it pulls it out of the hole. So when it tries going down, its out of the hole, so it cant get sucked down. So i tried powering the antenna up, but putting pressure on it before it got all the way to the top, so it wouldnt pop out. Voila it works everytime.... So do you guys think i just need to replace the mast with that plastic thing? The pic of the piece im talking about is shown below.

sean

I tried an aftermarket rubber antenna, but i dont get half the recepetion i use to.

Old 01-10-2003, 04:19 PM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

yeah, i agree that the stock antenna is a good one... when it goes up and down properly... mine got totally screwed up, so I just unpluged it when it was up... I then replaced it with an aftermarket power antenna... and that one got kinked... so I went custom, and mounted a S2000 antenna there... now I dont get shyt for stations... but it looks cool.

The mast assembly is not cheap... you're lookin about $50-$60 at the dealer... www.hondaautomotiveparts.com has it for cheaper.
Old 01-10-2003, 04:39 PM
0cean_man

LOL, the antenna on my 4th Gen was up for as long as I owned it.