Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rice Chowder - Boston?

Old 01-04-2003, 12:14 PM
gibson
Bambi Killer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rice Chowder - Boston?

I might be moving to Boston some time within the next month or two, and wondered if anyone knew how the "scene" was there. Any good import shops, things going on, anything? I'm hoping it's better than where I live now, as we only have one real "shop".

We're taking a roadtrip out there tomorrow to check things out, and I'm riding shotgun in my buddy's RSX. I guess my baby will sit in the office parking lot all week.

Hopefully, I'll get the fatty raise I'm looking for to move, and I'll have some bank to start dumping into the ride.
Old 01-04-2003, 02:17 PM
grandmarkie

Sorry man, you won't find much here. There's more than one shop, but most of them consist of Bling Bling shops though. Not much rice, just pimped out BMW's, Caddy's etc. The main reason is due to the damn roads here

Anyways, if you want to know of any shops, send me an e-mail at: grandmarkie@yahoo.com Maybe even meet up sometime, i'll gather some Mass rice
Old 01-04-2003, 02:19 PM
grandmarkie

BTW, Boston is an awesome place to live if you've never been around here, just not an import scene. Lots of happening bars too if you're of age.
Old 01-04-2003, 02:20 PM
grandmarkie

1 more thing...it's "Chowda" not "Chowder"
Old 01-04-2003, 02:47 PM
aux
More Black on Black Crime

i heard it was the STD capital.
Old 01-05-2003, 08:17 AM
skabone69

If your getting a raise, and its to live in Boston, get ready to spend some major cash for rent. The cost of living up here is high, which is proably why you'd get such a big raise. The average apartment in Boston goes for $1400/month for a tiny 2 bedroom, and its proably a shack. As for the import scene, its not so bad around here.
Old 01-05-2003, 09:06 AM
Blikkem

If you haven't lowered your ride yet. Don't. The Big Dig is gonna be around for a couple more years and the roads are horrible. Too many people I've seen have to go 5mph to get over the patched up roads and pot holes.
Haven't seen much in terms of performance shops. Just a couple of small places that I wouldn't completely trust.
Although, at one time I was lost in the Auburn/Mass Pike area and noticed a performance place that looked pretty good. Anyone know what place I'm talking about? It's near an Autozone right off the Pike, I believe it had a big checkered flag on the side of the building.

Good luck in your new job and let us know if you need any help with anything.