Notices

New Here---Need HELP Big Time

Old 11-30-2002, 04:46 AM
MonStar
'97 Prelude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Here---Need HELP Big Time

Confused about all this. I want to put some $$$ into my car but I dont have a lot at all. So I need some help on how to do things very cost effectively.

I want to get some rims on my car. But I dont think that I want to buy new tires because I dont have the cash.

I like the way that the side body kits look, but would it look dumb without having a front and rear body kit?

I also wouldnt mind investing in some other things.

I bought a throttle body spacer for gas economy etc.

Help guys!! Please.
Old 11-30-2002, 04:47 AM
MonStar
'97 Prelude

By the way! I want to increase the HP very cheaply, if thats possible.

I also wanted to get some quality fog lights. Hyper white. I have PIAA extreme white bulbs for my headlights, which look good.
Old 11-30-2002, 07:11 AM
AcsRcool
Faster than your Geo

Wow. . . maybe if you want to go that cheap you should get into model cars. . .

IMO, you need a full body kit if you do one at all. . .

There is no cheap HP upgrade. . .ever. You could do poormans CAI with a K&N filter and a dropped resonator, but its not going to give you a huge boost. . .particularly if you dont have an manual tranny and dont often get into the RPM range where a CAI matters most. . .

Also, in the future, be sure to give some technical information on your car, type, year, previous mods etc. . . I;m assuming accord because you've posted here but that really isnt enough. . .
Old 11-30-2002, 08:36 AM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

it all depends what you have on there already. this is what i could tell you to do first ..

[hp]
- COLD AIR INTAKE. it's everyone's first mod, and it's the fastest and cheapest way to gain hp.
- exhaust. depending on your existing piping diameter, you might not need the full cat back.
- headers. this is last because it's ususally the most expensive.

[exterior]
- if you only have hubcaps, DO NOT GET THE BODY KIT FIRST. i hate it when i see that on the road. get the wheels first.
- after the wheels, go for the drop with adjustable coilovers, new shocks and a camber kit.
- finally ... the body kit. if you scrape too much, you could always adjust your ride hight.

[audio]
- remember ... somewhere between the mods, you're going to get bitten by the audio bug ... hard.

you really get what you pay for. if you wanted to go cheap, then your car will look cheap. there's nothing wrong with finding deals, but it's your car and these mods are usually long term investments.
Old 11-30-2002, 08:54 AM
MaCeCL
[]D [] []V[] []D

:werd: u get what u pay for ... i hate when i see people braggin about there car when all it is is a bunch of cheap crappy mods
Old 11-30-2002, 09:09 AM
jschmid

Originally posted by Eklypse39
[exterior]
- if you only have hubcaps, DO NOT GET THE BODY KIT FIRST. i hate it when i see that on the road. get the wheels first.
- after the wheels, go for the drop with adjustable coilovers, new shocks and a camber kit.
- finally ... the body kit. if you scrape too much, you could always adjust your ride hight.
Agreed...BUT...
I'd go for drop first, then you'll have a better idea of what wheels and tires will fit right and look best.
Plus...18's with no drop is as bad as bodykit with hubcaps IMO.
Old 11-30-2002, 10:48 AM
F23A4_AcCoRdude

Im with schmiddy on that. There is nothing worst than a car on stock height on rims. That is just sickening.