Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Code P1768

Old 09-21-2010, 05:22 PM
DOZ5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is the description for your code:
DTC P0758: Problem in Shift Solenoid Valve B Circuit

I am not sure I was getting a code cause I did not check. I did get a D4 flashing and the tranny was not shifting right.

I don't remember exactly. There was a 5V appeard on the crank (I think) wire when it was not supposed to. I found it very strange since it should only be a 12V line but this 5V was the cause of the transmission getting confused. I think I either moved the ground or the power to a different location. I had to isolate this wire from the other using another relay. That relay was a SPDT (Single pole double throw) to put the crank in position when it needs to be and isolate it from the other ignition power.

Does it happend all the time and when did it start happening? Did you just installed the starter?

Last edited by DOZ5; 09-21-2010 at 05:34 PM.
Old 09-24-2010, 09:45 AM
sequoia2006

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DOZ5
This is the description for your code:
DTC P0758: Problem in Shift Solenoid Valve B Circuit

I am not sure I was getting a code cause I did not check. I did get a D4 flashing and the tranny was not shifting right.

I don't remember exactly. There was a 5V appeard on the crank (I think) wire when it was not supposed to. I found it very strange since it should only be a 12V line but this 5V was the cause of the transmission getting confused. I think I either moved the ground or the power to a different location. I had to isolate this wire from the other using another relay. That relay was a SPDT (Single pole double throw) to put the crank in position when it needs to be and isolate it from the other ignition power.

Does it happend all the time and when did it start happening? Did you just installed the starter?
It was a long story. We bought the car from a relative and he had the Avistart 6501 installed by Goodguys, however, Goodguys closed their store so we can't take it back. A while back something happened to the alarm (don't remember exactly) so my mom asks her coworker to check on something and apparently he removed the starter kill and reconnect the starter wire back to the original factory configuration so remote start does not work anymore. Every time, we tried to remote start the car, it did not start and also flashed the D4 light.

I've opened it up the other day and tried to connect the vehicle starter wire back to the remote starter wires from the Avistart and it started OK but the the D4 started flashing. One thing to note that, sometimes when starting with the key and keep it in the cranking position a little longer than it needs to be, then the D4 also flashes. When the D4 flashes, then the car drives really rough.

It happens all the time it is started with the remote. So it flashed D4 regardless of whether the vehicle starter wire is connected with the remote starter wires. In both cases, the ignition wire from the vehicle is connected to the starter ignition wire so I am thinking somehow the vehicle is confused.

Last edited by sequoia2006; 09-24-2010 at 09:49 AM.