Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 2003 Accord EX-L

Old 11-13-2002, 12:09 PM
jsori75

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 2003 Accord EX-L

Sup y'all

I am a proud owner of a Satin Silver '03 Accord EX-Leather Sedan. So far, everything about the car is flawless. I love the way it drives, even though I settled for the 4-banger instead of the V-6.

I really didn't like the way it looked when I first saw it in pictures, but when I saw it in person, it looked a lot better. The interior is much roomier than my previous: '94 Accord, and also looks a lot classier especially with the LED guages. Im also suprised with all the features this car has, for the money spent: in-dash 6 disc CD changer, dual zone auto climate control, leather interior w/power driver seat, outside temp. guage, etc.

I would like to eventually get some bigger rims. Any suggestions? 18's or 19's?

This car has been getting a lot of attention, which is typically good, but makes me kinda uncomfortable. Considering the mixed opinions on the new look of this car, i wonder what people might be thinking. I know I shouldn't really care...but for some reason I do. The other day, I watched quite a few people actually walk around the car several times, then finally sneaking a peak inside. Couldn't really see their facial expressions to tell if they like what they see.

Well anyway...I'll stop yapping now. You all seem like a cool group. Looking forward to being a long time member of this forum!

I don't have any pictures yet, but here is something I did in photoshop just to see how it would look with bigger rims.

Old 11-13-2002, 01:09 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love the new Accord...the interior is one of the best ever designed IMO. I absolutely love it. The damn car has EVERYTHING standard too on the EX...and for such a reasonable price. Hopefully when I get outta school I'll be able to afford a 6 speed coupe :thumbup:

I would go with 17" rims...they are ideal for handling when paired with some sweet tires and will look fine with a 1.5" drop when parts become available. But that's my forte...handling. I wouldn't go with 19's, they're huge. But this is something you'll have to research yourself and shop around alot.

I don't think anyone would want to do anything to your car bro...I'm sure they were just checking them out. Maybe if you have stickers and a huge wing and an ugly body kit and 20" chrome wheels someone might do something (I might do something ), but not a stock accord.

Congrats and welcome to HAN :thumbup: :thumbup: Any questions on your new car, post em up
Old 11-13-2002, 02:39 PM
CYBER PETE

Let's see some real pics !
Old 11-14-2002, 12:20 AM
Blue_Chameleon

From one newbie to another, welcome.

I have always liked the Accord but when the new 7th gen came around, that was just a pure gimme. And lo and behold, I think we got the exact same car Me personally, I would stick to 17s and really good tires, and then lower it just a tad. My own reason is because I use it for commuting purposes. In fact, I don't even know if I'm going to go with 17s because you lose a lot of the tire "shock absorbing" factor since there is less wheel wall. So maybe I'll stick to 16s.

So far, I have had the car for about two weeks and it has 1200 miles!!! See what I mean about it being a commuter?? hehehe...
Old 11-14-2002, 08:39 AM
jschmid

Originally posted by Blue_Chameleon
From one newbie to another, welcome.

I have always liked the Accord but when the new 7th gen came around, that was just a pure gimme. And lo and behold, I think we got the exact same car Me personally, I would stick to 17s and really good tires, and then lower it just a tad. My own reason is because I use it for commuting purposes. In fact, I don't even know if I'm going to go with 17s because you lose a lot of the tire "shock absorbing" factor since there is less wheel wall. So maybe I'll stick to 16s.

So far, I have had the car for about two weeks and it has 1200 miles!!! See what I mean about it being a commuter?? hehehe...
I felt the same way when I got my Accord...but I'm I'll tell you...
Drop you car first. Then you will have a better idea of what wheels will look good, fit, etc. Plus...driving around with 18's with no drop looks wack.

Then go for 18's if you want bigger wheels. 17's won't look big enough for you on 6th and 7th gens. I have a 40 series tire, and it rides smooth. Just firm enough.

I guess just enjoy your car for now until some suspension components come out for it (if they aren't already out ).

Congrats on the new car, welcome to the board, and I'm jealous of your leather interior.
Old 11-14-2002, 08:55 AM
jsori75

Thanks for the welcome guys!

I will prob. just wait for a while before I get rims. I will post pics as soon as I have the time to take them...I've been so busy with work lately.
Old 11-14-2002, 04:52 PM
Blue_Chameleon

Yeah, the car lowering is going to come first. My camaro has the ZR1 17" rims and it's lowered. But because of how much tire I have on the rim, it makes it much more of a bumpy ride than the stock 16s it originally had. Which brings me to my Accord...since it has stock 16s.

The probability of getting 17s for the Accord probably isn't all that high, since I enjoy the "stock" comfy ride right now as it is. I'm just waiting for Eibach to come out with some springs for the 03 Accord. My friend has a 98 Accord and the Eibachs that are on her car feels just like stock...so a nice and comfy ride for that long commute of mine.

As far as the leather interior, it was a must since I'm going to be in the car just as long as being at home. Might as well spoil yourself every now and then
Old 11-17-2002, 01:08 PM
br0nx finest
I drive a cb7, y0.

i cant stand when i see an accord with 16's they come factory with it, i understand that you want comfort, IMHO inch-up with good tires and eibachs/neuspeed sports would be preferable
Old 07-20-2003, 10:52 PM
prelude_sh

what are the pics at?

This thread is useless without pics :fawk:
Old 07-21-2003, 07:19 AM
LX4CYL
Cone Basher

Originally posted by prelude_sh
what are the pics at?

This thread is useless without pics :fawk: