Notices

EX 95 acceleration problem; then CEL on.

Old 06-10-2008, 04:14 PM
Shounin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EX 95 acceleration problem; then CEL on.

Well I recently brought a 95 Accord EX aut; sometimes when I speed up the acceleration just idle; it feels like the car is tied; and after 5 seconds the check engine lights up. Is this some kind of Vtec issue?
Old 06-10-2008, 06:20 PM
IkeRay
Aka #5

couldn't tell you, but if you could find out what the check engine light code is, that would be a good starting point. you can do that in 1 of 2 ways.

first you can take it to a local autoparts store, most will run the OBDII test w/o hassle, free of charge. some times places will charge you $10 or so to check it, if you don't mind spending that money, great, else shop around and see what else you can come up with.

OR you can jumper the cables for the OBDII reader, and simply count the number of blinks of the light on the dash. this latter one I have never personally done on the accord for a CEL, I have done it for both the TCU and ABS.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:45 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^check the code, VTEC is has been a tried and true system, most problems I've seen with them haven't been crippling like that- usually it just won't activate.

also try to determine more information about the problem, such as the point at which it happens
Old 06-11-2008, 05:35 AM
JimBlake

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

'95 4-cylinder is OBD-1 so AutoZone usually can't read it. Jumper the SCS connector.

'95 V-6 can be OBD-2, but maybe only part of the year.

Either way, it's important to say what your car has.
Old 06-30-2008, 06:16 PM
Shounin

Hello.

Sorry for the late feedback. It’s been a while since I’ve checked the cel code; the auto shop didn’t charge me at all. The code was 12, something like EGR valve problem, AKA a very small hole in the rubber tube attached on it.

Well I just brought this car recently; it’s the Vtec EX AT model. What really piss me off is the shift peak always change at 5000 RPM and I’ve seen other AT Accords shifting in the limit like 6.200 RPM; so I decided to check and clean all the engine, I mean all sensors, valves, and it’s all messed up. Take a look to the pictures:

Actually the car has 77.000 miles on it.

My goal is to make this car brand new again. I hope to solve this RPM issue now.

Thanks for the help.