Notices

Question about '94 accord power side mirror

Old 06-10-2008, 11:36 AM
etspam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about '94 accord power side mirror

I'm trying to replace the mirror for a 1994 Honda Accord LX driver side power mirror on my wife's car. She broke it a long time ago - it still works (controls move the mirror), but it's effectively being held onto the car by electrical tape. She bought a replacement a long time ago, but never bothered to replace it, but now that I'm driving it, I want to fix this.

I've been perusing all the different forums and pulling diagrams from the web in preparation for this. From everything I read, I thought that the 1994 model required me to remove the driver-side door panel to hook up the wire harness from the door control to the mirror. However, I just looked at the replacement part, there's no long wire I see that needs to be connected inside the door. Instead, I see a wire harness right at the mirror. Am I completely wrong in understanding how I need to replace this? Do I just need to pop off the mirror cover, unplug the current mirror and remove it, then put in the new one and plug it in and put the cover back on? That would be a lot simpler than the process I'd have to go through to remove the door panel. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 06-10-2008, 02:09 PM
IkeRay
Aka #5

just had to do this myself. used an OEM one, not aftermarket, so I couldn't tell you exactly, but heres what I had to do.

remove little triangle piece, roll down window, unplug the mirror right there, unbolt 3 or 4 bolts and the mirror can be removed. you will have to squeeze tabs on the connector to work it through both the metal frame and the rubber gasket. there shouldn't be any long wires sticking out of the mirror.

heres pictures, step by step:

all you have to do is remove the 3 red circled bolts and then unplug the white connector at the 2 green arrows (yes, in that order).

Last edited by IkeRay; 06-10-2008 at 02:12 PM.
Old 06-10-2008, 02:19 PM
etspam

Thanks!
Old 06-10-2008, 06:16 PM
IkeRay
Aka #5

get it fixed?
Old 08-13-2008, 05:08 PM
longerslkk

anyone knows where's the fastern of the inner triangle cover of the side-mirror of a 95 Accord Ex? I was trying to open it and replace the mirror. Is there any clip or other fastern? Thanks a lot!