Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Eibach Pro-Kit VS Neuspeed Sports

Old 11-11-2002, 02:17 PM
F23A4_AcCoRdude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eibach Pro-Kit VS Neuspeed Sports

hello, i own a 6th gen coupe and i am gonna be dropping my car in about 1 week. I dont want a drastic drop so that i'll scrape everywhere, but i want a moderate drop that will look good with no probs and failure.

I have came down to 2 choices, which are pro kit and sports. Pro kit lowers 1.5" and sports lower a little bit more. (just a little more). I would like to know some feedback on those 2 springs from actual owners of those products. I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE POSTING OF PICS WITH THOSE 2 SPRINGS.

I hear that with pro kit, you do NOT need a camber kit. Is that true? what about for Sports? do you guys experience uneven tire wear? How is the ride quality? i would think the pro kit would possess better ride quality but i could be wrong. Any suggestions are appreciated. Suggestions of other springs are appreciated too. Thanks.
Old 11-11-2002, 02:25 PM
accord92

they lower about the same, so the camber wear will be about the same...anytime you lower a car you will get some camber. i have had the neuspeed sports and loved them...i think both them and eibachs are very good springs...i got rid of mine cause i wanted a bigger drop...i went with intrax (2.75"drop) and i like the ride i get with them just as much as the nuespeeds though.
if you do drop it GET NEW STRUTS. it is pointless to drop it without getting new struts...i tried to get away with just springs...and 2 days later my struts blew(this was with the sports) so a week later i had to take my suspension off AGAIN to put new struts on....do it right the first time and you will have no regrets....you are on the right track ....at least you didnt try to go the cheap way and get some apc springs or something....your suspension is the foundation of your car...dont just settle for things...do it right.:thumbup:
Old 11-11-2002, 05:03 PM
RY2K
5 speed

yo drop it like it's hot
Old 11-11-2002, 05:19 PM
oofrost

if your going to lower your car, then do the whole thing, shocks and camber.
Old 11-11-2002, 05:34 PM
F23A4_AcCoRdude

i would........but im financially limited. I can only afford springs + installation fee and alignment fee.
Old 11-11-2002, 05:50 PM
RY2K
5 speed

yo on a serious note my friend's cousin had the Eibach pro-kits in a 1st gen Legend coupe w/stock shocks/struts which was kinda wack then he went for the Intrax 2.75" drop so he gave his cousin(my friend) the pro-kits to put in his Legend sedan and my friend got the KYB GR-2s to go with the pro-kits, what a difference:shocked:
it was madd cool takin turns in that thing at speeds we couldn't go before, overall it was so much better
It was a really good setup and I'd suggest it:thumbup:
unfortunately i know nothing about the Neuspeed Sports :dunno:

oh i forgot that my friend put back in the stock springs after a year because of the negative camber and uneven tire wear(he was to cheap to get a camberkit), plus the tow-hook wore down from being scraped to many times -still a good setup IMO
so i guess you'll need a camber kit and to take it easy on driveways and what not

yo if money is tight maybe u can get a spring compressor, access to an impact wrench(helps a lot) and a friend to help you, if you're a DIY type of guy, that way maybe u could get the camber kit
it is time consuming but much cheaper and then u can say u did it yourself to people and be proud of it
Old 11-11-2002, 09:08 PM
accord92

Originally posted by F23A4_AcCoRdude
i would........but im financially limited. I can only afford springs + installation fee and alignment fee.
dont do it then....just wait until you have the cash....like oofrost said... you need to do shocks and camber kit....otherwise it is pretty much worthless. you will regret not waiting and doing it right....TRUST US!!!!!!
Old 11-11-2002, 10:32 PM
AadosX

well no drop for me then... haha... i would rather put that almost a thousand dollars towards a new car... no offence to my baby accord
Old 11-11-2002, 10:47 PM
JJJ784
No Soup For You!

i'm just doing springs, struts, and alignment on my car first. then when the stockies bald, i'm going going to get rims, camber, and another alignment. it's going to be $130 out the door price to install the stuff AND alignment as well.
Old 11-11-2002, 11:00 PM
xtcracer96

Originally posted by JJJ784
i'm just doing springs, struts, and alignment on my car first. then when the stockies bald, i'm going going to get rims, camber, and another alignment. it's going to be $130 out the door price to install the stuff AND alignment as well.
sounds like a plan. and thats a REALLY good price for an install and alignment. watch out for the bald stocks...in the rain it can get scary.