Notices

Ecu Codes

Old 06-05-2008, 09:01 AM
novakane2778

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ecu Codes

does any one know how to trouble shoot ECU codes 15 and 43 for a honda accord.
15 -ignition output signal
43 -fuel supply system
HELP!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-05-2008, 01:52 PM
JimBlake

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

15 Ignition Output signal
That could be a bad ignitor in the distributor. But it could also be the wiring from the ECU to the distributor. That's the 'signal' where the ECU tells the ignitor to fire.

43 could be caused by low fuel pressure, like plugged fuel filter or failing fuel pump. Can also be from dirty injectors, dirty wiring connections to the injectors, or a handful of other things.

Deal with 15 first, because if that's causing misfiring, that in turn might be causing the 43.
Old 06-10-2008, 02:23 PM
novakane2778

in that case i think i may have a bad distibutor or coil,the car cranks on point and runs fine,but SOMETIMES,(mostly when i pull of from a stop) or on the highway,it will; start to studder slightly losing power like its runining out of gas.when i take my foot off the gas then puti it back it goes back to nornal then later start it again. i changed the gas tank,pump and filter. so should i try the relay as well????? and thanks for your reply dude,it give me a direction to atleast start in.
Old 06-11-2008, 05:26 AM
JimBlake

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

See if AutoZone or someplace like that can test your ignitor.

Also check for wiring problems at the distributor. The wiring harness plug can have dirty/loose pins or maybe wires that are rubbed thru & occasionally touching ground. Stuff like that...

Since it only happens occasionally it's gonna be tough to really catch it screwing up during a test.

What year/version? Not sure whether that'll make any difference, but who knows?

Is the coil internal (inside the distributor)?
Old 06-16-2008, 10:49 AM
novakane2778

thanks,i'll check all my plugs on the whole harness, being that i just dropped the engine in,something may be loose or dirty. the car is a 93accord SE sedan. very nice ride,just those 2things have been buggin me.other than that it runs fine. by the way,the 92-93 accords as well as certain preludes all have extenal coils.i was thinking maybe i should replace it as well.im just tyring to avoid spending a ton only to find the problem small. the engine came from a 93 lx. the intake manifolds were different but not by much,i used the manifold that came with engime and ditched the one from the SE.it was clogged and extremely dirty. the plenum was slightly bigger and had a weird airbox like thing bolted to it with a few small hoses.i didn't wanna deal with all that so i used the one that came with the engine.im not sure if that has anything to do with wats going on with it but i dont think so.