Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

95 Accord Drop Cost?

Old 11-09-2002, 11:09 PM
AadosX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 Accord Drop Cost?

I'm about to drop my 1995 Accord and money is a big issue, seeing as how im in high school and I'm not one of those spoiled jackasses, which is why I drive a '95 Accord:fawk: . Anyways, I'm pretty sure I want to use Eibach Pro-Kits. I really want to keep my stock shocks and not even have to buy a camber kit. My car has 115k on it and dont want anything to break... will I be ok? Are there any other springs I can use with stock shocks, etc. that you guys suggest? Also, what can I expect as an istallation cost, alignment, and spring price? What are some good places to buy the springs? Lastly if I do need to get some new shocks... how much will those cost, some decent ones at least, + installation. BTW I don't want to attempt to install anything myself.

Thanks!
Old 11-10-2002, 12:07 AM
Kevin
Banned

i dont know why ure so afraid of installing those springs urself..
i, myself didnt knew one damn thing about suspension installed my springs a couple of years back..<with help of a friend>

well...expect to pay probably around 60-100 for installation..
depends on where ure at..
and for the best pricing...try www.groupbuycenter.com
u will not need a camberkit for that kinda drop...
alignment...well..thats up to u...
Old 11-10-2002, 02:26 AM
JJJ784
No Soup For You!

i'm going to get the H&R cup kit from gbc (speedrvn) for $585 shipped.
Old 11-10-2002, 08:29 AM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

you can get the KYB GR2's for pretty cheap (about $60-$70 a piece) which is a great strut IMO, they are not adjustable... but a hell of a lot better than ridding on stocks and worrying about them blowing out. Plus the ride is 10 times better! I know someone that put a Prokit on their stock struts and blew 2 of them the next day.

with 115kmi on the car, chances are the lower bolts on the rear struts are pretty well froze up, unless the car has had the struts changed before. If they are froze up, you'll need new bushings ($12 a piece, only from honda) and the bolts ($9 a piece, again only from honda) plus some other parts.

I got my rear struts/springs installed for me because of those lower bolts, they charged me $110 (2 hours labor, cause I knew the guy) and $60 for the parts from honda.
Old 11-10-2002, 08:39 AM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

You can get a set of KYB GR-2 shocks for $160 for the whole set from www.tirerack.com
springs, I recommend Neuspeed Sports or H&R Sports, they both drop a 1/4" lower in the front than the back to even it out, unlike the prokit's which lower same in front and back, expect to pay at least $140 for the springs
as far as installation, expect to pay at least $85 to $100
Old 11-10-2002, 02:05 PM
dantastic
cx power!

Originally posted by Kevin
i dont know why ure so afraid of installing those springs urself..
i, myself didnt knew one damn thing about suspension installed my springs a couple of years back..<with help of a friend>

well...expect to pay probably around 60-100 for installation..
depends on where ure at..
and for the best pricing...try www.groupbuycenter.com
u will not need a camberkit for that kinda drop...
alignment...well..thats up to u...

there arent a lot of people who are mechanically inclined enough to install springs. if you forget one bolt, it can lead to a VERY serious accident. but then again, i dont really trust anyone else workin gon my car, execept for myself.....

spring installation shouldnt run more than $80 in the socal area. most places only charge $50 if you buy the springs at the same time
Old 11-10-2002, 07:06 PM
JJJ784
No Soup For You!

go read the reviews for the kyb gr2's. they dont' look that great from carreview.com. but yea, i'm getting the h&r cup kit.
Old 11-10-2002, 07:16 PM
djmtsu
nopistons

[QUOTE]with 115kmi on the car, chances are the lower bolts on the rear struts are pretty well froze up, unless the car has had the struts changed before. If they are froze up, you'll need new bushings ($12 a piece, only from honda) and the bolts ($9 a piece, again only from honda) plus some other parts.

I replaced my struts and springs with 167,000 on my Accord and it was all good, thats not saying it wasn't replaced some time ago. Anyway the H&R springs are good, I like them, but you will need a camber kit up front, another $120 for the Eibach kit. Anyway my friend has been running Eibachs on his stock struts in his '95 Eclipse for over a year with no problem. Just do ALOT of research before you buy. It took me 3 months to figure out what combo I wanted.
Old 11-10-2002, 09:48 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by JJJ784
go read the reviews for the kyb gr2's. they dont' look that great from carreview.com. but yea, i'm getting the h&r cup kit.
one thing u gotta remember about those reviews is what the expectations were of the people who bought them. If they thought they were gonna be like some Koni Yellows going in to it, then of course they are gonna have negative things to say about them. I know there are a few people on this board and others that have sport springs w/GR-2's and the only thing i've heard them complain about is that they aren't adjustable.
Old 11-11-2002, 08:16 AM
KMFDM

as for the bushings, you should get them from honda to insure the correct size but the bolt you don't need factory replacement, go to napa and find one the same size and thread pattern that is grade 8.8, and it is the same bolt, no need to get it from honda