Notices

Window Tintint... Bare Minimum for a good look?

Old 05-27-2008, 08:16 AM
CpBball3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window Tintint... Bare Minimum for a good look?

NYS has a 70% Tint Law which is completely not being followed by anyone. I see people with limo tints and none of them are getting pulled over. In your opinion what is the bare minimum tint percentage you can get while still having your car look good? I was thinking between 10-30%

Also is there a link where I can see the difference in shades in the tinting options?

Last edited by CpBball3; 05-27-2008 at 08:47 AM.
Old 05-27-2008, 08:58 AM
strykernyc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

0% in front and 70-100% in the back. You will get tickets if you have anything in front. If you only drive at night then get 100% all around.
funny how ppl with illegal tints keep paying tickets after ticket and when you ask them if they get ticket for the tints they say no lol
Old 05-27-2008, 09:21 AM
Accord2000V6

I have 15% all around for about 2 years and the cops have never given me a single problem here in Lexington. It all depends on how strictly laws are enforced around your area. If they don't give a crap like here, go with as dark as you want!
Old 05-27-2008, 03:52 PM
bobbylax
Honda newbie

Different states have different laws. What you choose also depends on your climate and if you are driving a coupe - the coupe has a long rear window which can really heat up the interior on a sunny day. In Seattle I wouldn't bother with much tinting - in AZ I would get as much as is allowed and maybe a little more. IMHO having all windows the same looks the best. It's a matter of taste...
Old 05-27-2008, 04:13 PM
CpBball3

I agree. I am thinking about going between 20% - 30% tint. (Blackout being 0%). This would be done on every window except the front windshield. The law in NYS is 70% but that is a JOKE. A 70% tint is horrible; it is nearly nothing but a light shade of grey. I see so many people driving around with dark dark tints under 20%.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:22 PM
Type_X

Originally Posted by strykernyc
0% in front and 70-100% in the back. You will get tickets if you have anything in front. If you only drive at night then get 100% all around.
funny how ppl with illegal tints keep paying tickets after ticket and when you ask them if they get ticket for the tints they say no lol
the % rating goes by the amount of visible light allowed in.

0% would be 0 light allowed in on the fronts = PITCH BLACK
same with the 70%-100% you speak of on the back, 70% of visible light allowed in, very light...

i have 15% all around and it's nice, sometimes i feel it's not dark enough but here in NJ we aren't allowed any upfront (gay as hell) so i'd rather not push my luck. i've yet to get a ticket, and i'm not an exception to the rule that stryker speaks of :thinking: