Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Honda Rules!

Old 11-07-2002, 07:49 PM
AadosX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda Rules!

Ok to make a long story short... Some gasket having to do with my oil leaked... causing my oil pressure to drop and all of my oil... I MEAN ALL... to leak out... and I'm lucky that I turned the car off when I did or this could have been a ***** fix. Anyways the part is covered by Honda since its not supposed to break... even though I am the 3rd owner of my car and its a 1995! Heres the best part. Timing belt is supposed to be replaced at 95k miles... I still havent replaced mine at 115k... was planning on doing it this Christmas. Well some oil leaked onto the timing belt so they replaced it for me FOR FREE! Oh yeah... just saved about 300 bucks... and since the water pump is usually replaced in the process along with all the other belts... they went ahead and did all of that too for me for only 200 bucks. So basically because something broke on my car I just saved myself a good 300 bucks! Thanks to the fact that Honda's rule and they aren't jackasses. So the moral of the story is if you havent replaced timing belt yet go and break this seal if you have a 1995 Accord and hope it leaks real nice onto the timing belt... haha :naughty: j/k
Old 11-08-2002, 05:37 AM
2000accordV6

Its nice to hear a story that is POSITIVE about Honda. It makes think of why I did buy my honda to begin with. The boards have been flooded with transmission horror stories so much lately that i've forgotten why I liked Honda to begin wtih.
Old 11-08-2002, 05:42 AM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by 2000accordV6
Its nice to hear a story that is POSITIVE about Honda. It makes think of why I did buy my honda to begin with. The boards have been flooded with transmission horror stories so much lately that i've forgotten why I liked Honda to begin wtih.
hey, what seal are you talking about?:naughty:
Old 11-08-2002, 11:21 AM
dantastic
cx power!

wow.... u lucked out. there was a recall on the balancer shaft seals b/c the would pop out and let all the engine oil out. since you were the 3rd owner, you probably didnt get the recall notice