Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Side Replacement

Old 04-17-2008, 01:03 PM
MrPMPisBeefy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Side Replacement

Hey guys. I was washing my car the other day and this piece, that has been starting to peel for a while, finally came off. Does anyone know how much it would cost to fix it? I hate the fact that the color is off from the rest of the car. It's not rusting. I doubt it could anyway. It looks like it's just plastic. I am just looking for ideas on whether i could paint it myself (if so, how?), if i could just get it repainted or if it will need to be replaced all together. Thanks for your help guys.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
HPIM2715.JPG (403.3 KB, 15 views)
Old 04-17-2008, 03:40 PM
Misa
Pic Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i replaced one damaged in an accident on my 98 accord.

freaking 40 bucks from honda.
Old 04-17-2008, 03:46 PM
MrPMPisBeefy

I can handle $40 with this. It's very excessive, but considering it'll make me feel better about how my car looks it's worth it. I actually expected you to say that it was more than that. Does that include everything or $40 for just the part? Thanks for your help!
Old 04-17-2008, 05:26 PM
Misa
Pic Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i ordered from here..... http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/

replaced it myself.

mine was ripped off.... but i guess you should be able to remove the interior door panel..... cut through the plastic water barrier, and push the clips out
Old 04-25-2008, 05:14 PM
MrPMPisBeefy

Hmmm. I am gonna keep looking around. I appreciate the help so far. If anyone else has any other ideas i am open to them. I spoke the the guy at PepBoys and he suggested doing it myself too if the part was cheap enough. I haven't asked the dealer yet, but if anyone works at the dealership in Rochester and can give me an answer to save a trip there i would be much appreciative. Thanks guys and thanks Jani 5 for your suggestion. Do you think it would be very hard to do it myself?