Notices

Anyone here own a 2003 Accord?

Old 10-30-2002, 01:33 PM
smokedogg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by RY2K
tsx-- whats that?
the state's future version of the accord type r, which will be under the acura badge
Old 10-30-2002, 02:05 PM
vtec94

Originally posted by smokedogg
the state's future version of the accord type r, which will be under the acura badge

to be exact, those TSX will be replacing the former 4drs integra sedan, as ya'll know already that RSX doesn't come in 4drs like how integras used to do...

$.02
Old 10-30-2002, 03:04 PM
Bay Accord

I think the TSX is too boxey. The new accord sedan is already a dime a dozen and the coup is soon to follow.
Old 10-30-2002, 07:02 PM
v6master
Rice Hater

My wife is picking hers up tomorrow. I'm gonna be somewhat jealous! 2003 AV6 coupe........I just might have to trade her cars if I like it better than mine...... I'll be sure to write a review tomorrow after I drive it, although I won't be able to get on it too much being a new car, but I'll definately get a feel for it and let you guys know how it compares to the 6th gen in all aspects.
Old 10-30-2002, 07:23 PM
jschmid

Originally posted by v6master
My wife is picking hers up tomorrow. I'm gonna be somewhat jealous! 2003 AV6 coupe........I just might have to trade her cars if I like it better than mine...... I'll be sure to write a review tomorrow after I drive it, although I won't be able to get on it too much being a new car, but I'll definately get a feel for it and let you guys know how it compares to the 6th gen in all aspects.
Cool...let us know. (esp after the break-in period)
Old 10-31-2002, 09:41 AM
oofrost

something interesting that I noticed. I was at the Honda dealer late last night, so I could look at the cars while not being bothered by the stupid sales people. Not a lot of coupes, but plently of sedans. It was pretty cool when I saw a manual gear box in the i4 sedans. Anyways, while I was walking around, I noticed the VIN numbers. I realized that all the i4's were made in Japan(JH) while the V6's were made in USA (1H) or the like. However, all the V6 transmissions were made in Japan.
Old 10-31-2002, 11:08 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by vtec94
to be exact, those TSX will be replacing the former 4drs integra sedan, as ya'll know already that RSX doesn't come in 4drs like how integras used to do...

$.02
No, you're not exact or correct.

You people are all wrong. There is a forum called Automotive News and Rumors. Tons of info in there, we've discussed it to hell and back.

The TSX is the JDM/European Honda Accord, basically smaller and sportier than the USDM version. Plus is looks a hell of a lot better. It'll carry over a couple of 4 bangers with manual tranny's available and be positioned between the RSX and TL pricewise but slightly above the Accord. This will compete with the Jaguar X-Type base, A4 base, Saab 9-3, BMW 325i, etc.
Old 10-31-2002, 12:09 PM
jschmid

Originally posted by 02RSXTYPES
No, you're not exact or correct.

You people are all wrong. There is a forum called Automotive News and Rumors. Tons of info in there, we've discussed it to hell and back.

The TSX is the JDM/European Honda Accord, basically smaller and sportier than the USDM version. Plus is looks a hell of a lot better. It'll carry over a couple of 4 bangers with manual tranny's available and be positioned between the RSX and TL pricewise but slightly above the Accord. This will compete with the Jaguar X-Type base, A4 base, Saab 9-3, BMW 325i, etc.
Yeah, this is from Chicago Tribune:
"With a new Accord coming this fall, Acura will follow with a new and larger TL sedan built off that Accord platform for `04. A new Acura TSX sports sedan might bow for `04, slotted below the TL to compete against the Audi A4 and BMW 3-Series. "
But I had heard that it was the alternative to the four door Integra as well. I guess it depends on the source.
Old 10-31-2002, 05:43 PM
v6master
Rice Hater

Well I just got done driving my wife's 7th gen AV6 coupe. All I can say is I'm jealous. It definately has more pull than the 6th gen, also seems a lot smoother. The handling is pretty decent stock, but nowhere near my 6th gen with all the suspension mods, but definately grippy for a stock car. I'm sure with some plus size wheels are quality tires, along with springs, shocks, sways, etc., this car would run circles around my 6th gen. The interior is really nice, the LED gauges in the cluster look really good, and the stereo is pretty cool too. I didn't know they came with dual zone climate control, which I think is a nice feature. The heated seats were nowhere near as good as the ones in my 330, but I guess that is to be expected. I only drove the car for about 15 minutes, but they didn't seem to heat up very fast. The engine is really quiet, more so than the 6th gen. Overall I really like the car, the seats are sporty, and the interior looks really nice. My only gripe about the interior is the exposed cupholders, I like the way the 6th gen had a cover for them, but that's about it. I think I'm gonna try and talk her into trading me, but I'm not sure if she will bite or not! Oh well, I've still got my 330, which would completely waste the AV6 in just about any contest, but the allure of a brand new car is just so appealing to me! I'm sure she would trade for the 330, but that isn't gonna happen! I'll trade AV6 for AV6, but not AV6 for BMW! I'm gonna take it for a longer drive tomorrow, it was dark when I drove it, so I didn't push it too hard, especially with all the cops out for halloween. I give it :thumbup: , really nice car, especially for the price. I'm almost thinking of bolting up my C5's tomorrow just to see how it would look. If I do I will definately post some pics!
Old 10-31-2002, 09:09 PM
v6master
Rice Hater

It was 25,300 out the door. It really is a nice car, but the more I look at it, the more I notice it needs a drop and some wheels really bad. I thought it was going to come with 17 inch wheels, but it came with 16s, I found out after the fact that the 17s are optional. For the price of the "optional" 17s, you could get a set of 18s that look a lot better. I think I'm gonna bolt up my C5s tomorrow, although it won't look right at stock height, maybe I'll do a photoshop and drop it a little just to see what it looks like. If I get a chance, I'll post up the pics in the next few days.