Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wow, this was easy

Old 10-26-2002, 07:39 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wow, this was easy

I painted my drums on my Accord today, not bad at all. I masked off the body around the wheel well, covered up my Neuspeed sports, washed off the drums w/Meguiars Extra, and then sprayed 2 coats of gloss black caliper paint on em and then hit em w/ 2 coats of clear. Looks sweet, now the front needs to be done. Im not looking forward to that cause I don't want to take the calipers off, im thinking about just getting a foam brush, spraying some paint into a small container and brusing it on the caliper so I don't have to take it apart. Anyone done that before? Has anyone painted thier caliper while it was installed? How did you do it?
Old 10-26-2002, 07:55 PM
yohbee

Wouldn't the paint just get worn off your rotors when you brake?
Old 10-26-2002, 07:56 PM
94AccordSedanEX

You painted the rotors?
Old 10-26-2002, 08:27 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

whoops, I fixed ith:
Old 10-26-2002, 09:01 PM
ASIMO

I did that a while back when I was changeing my brake shoes so I just took the drums and cleaned them up with some brake cleaner and shot them with 2-3 coats of gloss black. Looks good.

I'm not goign to do the front calipers cuz they just get dust anywyas so it would only give me something to get pissed about.

Good job man.:thumbup:
Old 10-26-2002, 09:10 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by ASIMO
I did that a while back when I was changeing my brake shoes so I just took the drums and cleaned them up with some brake cleaner and shot them with 2-3 coats of gloss black. Looks good.

I'm not goign to do the front calipers cuz they just get dust anywyas so it would only give me something to get pissed about.

Good job man.:thumbup:
all you gotta do is spray them off, I have to paint the calipers, you can see them better than you can see the drums out back, they look tacky all rusted looking peeking from behind my graphite ex alloys
Old 10-26-2002, 09:17 PM
ASIMO

Originally posted by 94uhkord
all you gotta do is spray them off, I have to paint the calipers, you can see them better than you can see the drums out back, they look tacky all rusted looking peeking from behind my graphite ex alloys

I'm lucky for now. you cant realy see the calipers behind my wheels.
Old 10-26-2002, 09:35 PM
v6master
Rice Hater

If you just take off the bolt for the front calipers and slide them up it makes it a lot easier. I did my calipers on my last car (not doing it on my AV6) and it turned out really nice, I put about 4 coats of paint on and about 4 coats of clear, it looked really good and lasted for about a year and a half until I had to do it again. All in all, I'd say it's not really worth it though, I realized painting stock calipers is kinda ghetto, at least painting them red or something like wannabe porsche calipers. Paint them silver, that way they look OEM, but have a little difference. Good luck
Old 10-27-2002, 06:10 AM
cobbcustomz

I painted my Calipers while they were still on my civic. I just Taped off the Rotor and sprayed the caliper. It wasnt too hard at all. Just be careful when you spray. No overspray at all.
Old 10-27-2002, 07:53 AM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by cobbcustomz
I painted my Calipers while they were still on my civic. I just Taped off the Rotor and sprayed the caliper. It wasnt too hard at all. Just be careful when you spray. No overspray at all.
Looks sweet, im just gonna paint mine gloss black, I don't want or need them to stand out, I just want them to look decent that's all.