Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'99 Accord fuel pump problem?

Old 03-04-2008, 12:49 PM
moneymikey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '99 Accord fuel pump problem?

I have a 1999 Accord v6 LX coupe

I only had it for a couple months but i think im having a fuel pump problem. I did some searching on the forum first, but it sounds like it could be a relay problem as well?

First problem is that sometimes the car dosent start. It cranks fine, but it dosent start. One time it happened it started, but then quickly died and even felt the engine shaking. Tried it again, and it only stayed on after i applied some gas to it.

Then the day after i driving home and it suddenly died out on me in the middle of traffic. I was going up the street fine, but then it just shut off and all i saw was the stupid green key light flashing. I stopped and tried to crank it and lucky for me it worked. after that i quickly went home and switched cars and havent drove it since. This morning i tried to start it, but it wouldnt start again. I didnt bother trying too hard since i didnt have time.

Any help would be appreciated!
Old 03-05-2008, 07:55 AM
anhqle

Originally Posted by moneymikey
I have a 1999 Accord v6 LX coupe

I only had it for a couple months but i think im having a fuel pump problem. I did some searching on the forum first, but it sounds like it could be a relay problem as well?

First problem is that sometimes the car dosent start. It cranks fine, but it dosent start. One time it happened it started, but then quickly died and even felt the engine shaking. Tried it again, and it only stayed on after i applied some gas to it.

Then the day after i driving home and it suddenly died out on me in the middle of traffic. I was going up the street fine, but then it just shut off and all i saw was the stupid green key light flashing. I stopped and tried to crank it and lucky for me it worked. after that i quickly went home and switched cars and havent drove it since. This morning i tried to start it, but it wouldnt start again. I didnt bother trying too hard since i didnt have time.

Any help would be appreciated!
Your car also might have ignition cable worn out problem. I have a 1999 four cyl Accord with the same symptom. I believe there is a recall by Honda for this issue, check your local dealer for a replacement, it should be free.

Anh Le
Old 03-07-2008, 08:03 PM
moneymikey

Thanks Anh Le i'll be sure to check that out.

any other ideas? is there a writeup or DIY on this somewhere?
Old 03-10-2008, 10:01 PM
stereo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the ignition switch is bad thats why the green key light flashes like you turned off the ignition and is covered under the recall as long as the car is not salvaged
they will replace it for free!
Old 03-11-2008, 12:33 AM
mechguy

Could be the relay or solenoid between ignition switch and starter motor.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:20 PM
stereo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mechguy
Could be the relay or solenoid between ignition switch and starter motor.
the starter motor wouldn't stall a already running car.... but the bad main relay would keep the car from starting (problem 1) the other problem where the car would just die out and the key light blinking is a tell tale sign the ignition switch
is going bad and honda has a recall on it.