Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sway-Bar

Old 02-25-2008, 01:21 PM
Jaarred

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sway-Bar

Hello all,
I have an 02 Accord F23A4. Basically, what i want to do is tighten up the suspension. I'm looking into buying a sway bar, obviously, but am kind of on a budget. I heard something about being able to get Acura TL-S sway bar both front and rear for it and that it's cheaper thank buying an aftermarket set-up. Can anyone confirm this, and also does anyone know any places where I can order it from besides the dealer?
Old 02-25-2008, 02:51 PM
MrChad
THE RED 6th GEN Coupe

Originally Posted by Jaarred
Hello all,
I have an 02 Accord F23A4. Basically, what i want to do is tighten up the suspension. I'm looking into buying a sway bar, obviously, but am kind of on a budget. I heard something about being able to get Acura TL-S sway bar both front and rear for it and that it's cheaper thank buying an aftermarket set-up. Can anyone confirm this, and also does anyone know any places where I can order it from besides the dealer?
Acura dealer only. You need both the front and rear bar, the bushing, and the chassis bracket for the new bushing.

The TL-S front sway bar is the same part no. as the AV6 bar from 98-02.
Old 02-26-2008, 03:16 AM
BONE

Most people just replace the rear bar with the TL-S bar it is an easy mod to do just make sure that you spray the end links with WD-40 before trying to loosen it up.
Old 02-26-2008, 04:07 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BONE
Most people just replace the rear bar with the TL-S bar it is an easy mod to do just make sure that you spray the end links with WD-40 before trying to loosen it up.
If you live in the north you'll need more than WD-40, which is really not very good for something like this.

If the end links are trouble to get off, pick up a propane torch...I broke one of my end links and had to rethread it because I tried to force it off just using PB Blaster.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:10 AM
MrChad
THE RED 6th GEN Coupe

Honda had a TSB on the endlinks if yours are that bad just by new ones. they too are cheap. I did this for the front ones.