Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

88 honda accord questions

Old 02-17-2008, 10:07 PM
pshsguy18

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 88 honda accord questions

Hello I got a 88 accord lxi its got 231,000 on it 2.0 motor 5speed. But it acts like shit when its like cold out im talke like any tempature from 40 degrees and below. It will have high idle at start then like 2 to 3 mins later the idle come down little then the idle start flucuating back for from alittle above 1 f to little below 2 rpms. This will keep on doing iit over and over again until you it the needle on the heat gauge gets about middle then it runs about in the middle for like another 2 mins or so and it will stop and idle fine. Then if I stop it after it idles fine and then go in somewhjere for bit as long the motor still warm it will run fine but if I let it set for like hours on end it will do it everytime is cold out side. Now today it was close to 50 degrees when i went out to start it this morning started right up acted jsut like it should. Idle around 1 and didnt sway back in forth none.

Ive changed the plugs, wires, air filter, fuel filter, also i change the fast idle control valve.

I think it is weird it just does it when its cold out side.
please someone let me know about this either ideas or maybe the samething has happen to you before
Does anyone know what the problem can be?
Old 02-18-2008, 05:10 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you have an IACV or did that come on later Accords?

Have you cleaned the TB and sucked any seafoam or a similiar carbon build up remover through an intake line?
Old 02-23-2008, 06:54 AM
twiddler

Default same issue

I have an 87 honda accord dx I purchased recently. I have a hard time starting my honda when its cold, and she won't stay idle till she warms up. Turns out that someone wired my choke wide open. Need to replace it. Maybe you have the same problem with your choke.
Old 02-25-2008, 02:20 PM
fredge

i don't know what the problem is but i can give sympathy. I had a 89 that did the same thing. Its not an ingination problem i know that.