Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

98 Accord horn not working

Old 02-17-2008, 01:52 PM
parcero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 Accord horn not working

I have a 1998 Accord that has never had any electrical problems until recently. I have had the factory horns as well as air horns installed for at least 4 years. Neither one will now work. I have checked both fuse panels on the driver's and passenger's side and none have a fuse labeled "horn". I have also checked the relay under the hood for the horn, and it is working fine. To double check myself, I swapped with one of the relays for the lights (which I know is working).

Neither of the horns will go off when honking from the steering wheel or using the panic function. I figured that if it were the steering wheel problem that most people talk about with hondas, the panic function will make the horns go off.

If I jump the factory horns or the air horns from the battery, both are functional.

Anybody had this happen? If so, how did you fix it?

Thanks!

Last edited by parcero; 02-17-2008 at 02:01 PM.
Old 02-17-2008, 03:04 PM
Fuse

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Probably the switch in the steering wheel.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:55 AM
parcero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good news is that it was not a problem with the steering wheel or anything close to it.

The issue has been fixed and it turned out to be the license plate bulb shorted out somehow. Funny enough I got pulled over for not having a functional license plate light. I later fixed it and the horn started working again!

It appears to me that the horn is tied into the same circuit / fuse as the stop lights. Therefore, if something goes wrong with the stop lights, it may affect your horn

Hope this helps!