Notices

My new mod........door handles

Old 10-20-2002, 02:12 PM
Fryd_Up
rebmeM roineS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how did you do that, because the way the front door handle connects is different up front then in the back, i even think the mounts are different too, i was gonna do this mod with the passenger side handle
Old 10-20-2002, 02:53 PM
AcuraFanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks great my man, nice clean look. I like your car in general, although those tail lights don't do anything for me. Black is the best color for the Accord too.

I wonder if that works for 6th generation. I think the door handles are identical minus the locks.
Old 10-20-2002, 03:27 PM
The Dude
Banned

how'd you get it to work?
Old 10-20-2002, 04:04 PM
93accord

Nice man, I did that same mod like 2 years ago, and haven't once yet to be locked out of my car. Just buy a good battery i.e. optima. And you will be set.
Old 10-20-2002, 05:44 PM
mizturyous
Terd Furgeson

I already have an Optima battery and if something does happen I can always go through the trunk if it ever becomes necessary. By the way this mod was not at all a hassle. It was pretty damn easy. Here are some pics of the differences in the handles.

This is the back of my front handle. Notice the harness coming off of it......it wont be used since all it does is unlocks the other doors.

This is the rear handle I got..........notice the brass/gold piece that is on the latch arm. It will have to have the rivet drilled out and this piece removed so the latch rod can pop in like it did on the front handle.

Here is where it needs to be drilled out

Also notice that the screw mounting holes on the back of the two handles are slightly different but all I had to do was bend the mounts on the door a little to make it work.
Old 10-20-2002, 05:53 PM
yohbee

That's pretty slick! I guess as long as you don't shave the trunk lock you'll always have a manual way into the car, albeit a kinda awkward way.
Old 10-20-2002, 09:11 PM
93accord

True that, I aint got no manual way in and I just always trust my optima to be charged and ready to go.
Old 10-21-2002, 12:38 AM
ASIMO

I was in the process of shavine my door handle sall together and I had the remote entry and the battery went dead. lucky I hadnt done the pass. sid eyet and I could get in. After that I decided to put the handels back on and I have a keyless entry, the front pass side keyhold dont work anyways. I fawked it up when I removed the automatic seatbelt control switch and replaced it with the latch from a 92. the rod brok so I just havent got a new one yet.

That is a nice job man. Hope it all works out for you.
Old 10-21-2002, 08:20 AM
Rycechyk

Originally posted by 99AccordCoupe
What if your car battery dies and the keyless entry doesn't work? I went on vacation for a week and my battery died. I couldn't open the car using keyless, had to use the key.
Same thing happened to me. I came back from a three week vacation, my battery was dead and I had to open the door with, of all things, my key. Then the alarm went off and the only way I could stop it was to get under and pull the fuse until the battery had charged. Hassle. I love the look, though, but I'd be concerned about entry. I guess if you have some way in, than that's good enough.
Old 10-21-2002, 10:08 AM
zidek_accord

thats RICEY!!!

just wanted to be the first person to say it . nice work