Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

helllp mmmmmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Old 01-25-2008, 05:10 AM
pshsguy18

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default helllp mmmmmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got 88 accord it has 230,000 on it 5 speed with a 2.0 motor. when the car isnt warmed up when i first start it it has high idle until it warms up alittle then it idles up and down raves upand down like sways up and down until i drive it for like 15 to 20 miles down the road. Then is stops after i drive it for that long but when it starts sway back for the idel I unplug the tps sensor and it stops but it show the check engine like it that what is bad or is it like the Idle air control or what can it be?

Also with this problem i got with my car will it make my gas mileage terrible?
Im only getting around 21 mpgs in town and 24 or so on highway? shouldnt it be better?
Ive changed the plugs and wirers and air filter. But i didnt change the distributor or rotor cap, or fuel filter. Can anyone give me any imput on this?

Also the tps is built into the throttle body any one know how i can take it off and try to clean it or what ever?
Old 01-25-2008, 06:17 AM
8bitrevolution

Posting your question multiple times generally isn't the way to get help around here.

No idea on your idle issue but if the distributor or rotor look worn, replace them. It probably wouldn't hurt regardless. Your problem with the idle doesn't sound like anything to do with the fuel filter but, unless you know when it was last replaced, it might be worth replacing just to head off any future problems.
Old 01-25-2008, 06:23 AM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

Originally Posted by 8bitrevolution
Posting your question multiple times generally isn't the way to get help around here.
agreed.

first and only warning. Don't do it again.
Old 01-25-2008, 11:27 AM
F22B Prelude
Rachel Bilson

Check Coolant level if that doesn't fix it, replace TPS, then replace IACV