Sponsored by:

Check your ball joints often...

Old 10-17-2002, 12:18 PM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check your ball joints often...

This is what happens if you dont!

Happened last night at about 75mph... scared the **** outta me!
Old 10-17-2002, 01:39 PM
SweetAccord

What came off?

Mine did something like that, at least I was going 20 in my neighborhood and made it home. It was because the cotter pin broke and the nut came off and I have to replace the ball joint cuz the nut stripped the threads.
Old 10-17-2002, 01:44 PM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

the bolt on the lower ball joint just sheared right off... really weird...

I inspected them (ball joints) about a month ago when I had to change the passenger half shaft... and they were fine...

the really weird part is that I didnt hit a bump or anything... I was on a totally smooth, straight-away... no warning or anything... the car just fell to the ground.

The extent of the damage seems to be the fender, fender linning, the ball joint, the tie rod end and the half shaft... the tire is shot and the rim seems to be bent too... this is really devestating...

The pics dont do the justice... it looks much worse in person... and just after it happened, the tire was almost touching the door... :shocked:
Old 10-17-2002, 02:10 PM
bruce_91zx
engiNERD

sorry to hear that dude
Old 10-17-2002, 05:55 PM
SweetAccord

Originally posted by SumAccordGuy94
the bolt on the lower ball joint just sheared right off... really weird...

I inspected them (ball joints) about a month ago when I had to change the passenger half shaft... and they were fine...

the really weird part is that I didnt hit a bump or anything... I was on a totally smooth, straight-away... no warning or anything... the car just fell to the ground.

The extent of the damage seems to be the fender, fender linning, the ball joint, the tie rod end and the half shaft... the tire is shot and the rim seems to be bent too... this is really devestating...

The pics dont do the justice... it looks much worse in person... and just after it happened, the tire was almost touching the door... :shocked:
I'm sorry to hear that, but the good thing is that you aren't hurt, especially going that fast.

Actually, I dunno if it's really that weird, cuz when mine came out, I didn't hit a bump or anything either. My wheel went \ angle...same location as your car too, but it was so angled that it touched the shock.
Old 10-17-2002, 06:00 PM
ChoiceAccord
Pink Panty Bandit

that sucks
Old 10-17-2002, 06:02 PM
Blikkem

That is scary. Think of it this way, better now then while it is snowing in a couple of months.
I'm going to have mine checked, I'm getting sounds from the front when I hit big bumps.

Hope everything turns out OK.
Old 10-17-2002, 07:55 PM
bruce_91zx
engiNERD

Originally posted by Blikkem
That is scary. Think of it this way, better now then while it is snowing in a couple of months.
I'm going to have mine checked, I'm getting sounds from the front when I hit big bumps.

Hope everything turns out OK.
and "turns" OK