Notices
Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

accord owners vs. other honda owners.

Old 01-16-2008, 05:16 PM
blkjdmspoondc2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default accord owners vs. other honda owners.

hahaa seems as though in alot of online forums such as honda-tech, team integra.net, etc. alot of the honda owners dont like helping people. especially if they drive a civic or a integra. but i must admit. being new to this online forum the accord folks are hella chill. thanks
Old 01-16-2008, 06:18 PM
Misa
Pic Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the average accord owner's age is higher than civic/teg owners.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:03 PM
blkjdmspoondc2

Default agreed

Originally Posted by Jani 5

i agree with yah, it was just a thought that i had.
Old 01-17-2008, 04:38 PM
nspec_Cd5

Originally Posted by Jani 5
u mean more matured and grown up.
Old 01-18-2008, 08:15 AM
mahilig77

I'm in my 40's and just want sufficient power under the hood to get out of the bad situation when needed. I keep my car in perfect condition and not into mods. I stick to OEM or mid to upper grade parts and fix any broken parts ASAP. I guess having 247K miles on my 92 Accord EX proves that I maybe doing the right thing. So, to all the youngin's out there, go mods your civ/tegs and squeeze all the powers you can get from that little engine but don't be sorry when you have cooked up valves, crack cylinders and heads w/ only 30K miles on the power train. There are trade off. I'm sure you will not care until you reach your mature age. Go drifting and spend all your $$$ fixing.
Old 01-18-2008, 08:31 AM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

It's also the tone of this message board. The people on HAN are quite more mature than other places.
Old 01-18-2008, 08:45 AM
Line7
Platinum Member

I think it has to do with the way Honda-tech puts you on as a "trial" member and gives you "NOOB" avitar and disables all your features. This causes many people to pick at the fact that your a new member, which in turn, provokes the "Noobs" to lash out. Kind of immature, I'd say.
Old 01-19-2008, 11:28 AM
komiero
GIVER

Originally Posted by mahilig77
I'm in my 40's and just want sufficient power under the hood to get out of the bad situation when needed. I keep my car in perfect condition and not into mods. I stick to OEM or mid to upper grade parts and fix any broken parts ASAP. I guess having 247K miles on my 92 Accord EX proves that I maybe doing the right thing. So, to all the youngin's out there, go mods your civ/tegs and squeeze all the powers you can get from that little engine but don't be sorry when you have cooked up valves, crack cylinders and heads w/ only 30K miles on the power train. There are trade off. I'm sure you will not care until you reach your mature age. Go drifting and spend all your $$$ fixing.

I second that!

One thing I must add... all the money these kids spend on after market parts for their civic and come out with approx 180HP~200HP; they could have spent that cash on a newer V6 accord with 240HP (2003-2007 V6 Accord) without upgraded engine parts and won't die on you in 30K. Plus the car is more luxurious and you don't feel like you're crammed in a tin can.

(sorry civic owners I just had to point that out)
Old 01-19-2008, 01:51 PM
Line7
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by komiero
I second that!

One thing I must add... all the money these kids spend on after market parts for their civic and come out with approx 180HP~200HP; they could have spent that cash on a newer V6 accord with 240HP (2003-2007 V6 Accord) without upgraded engine parts and won't die on you in 30K. Plus the car is more luxurious and you don't feel like you're crammed in a tin can.

(sorry civic owners I just had to point that out)
Obviously you dont know much about tuned compacts. h:
Old 01-22-2008, 10:02 AM
Intrepid241

There is some bitchy-ness on this board as well, but normally it gets kicked in the ass. Most people here are helpful, but I don't think its directly related to age. You don't have to be young to be a prick.

And...I would take my accord ('00) over any pre 2007 Civic any day of the week.