Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can anyone help?

Old 12-27-2007, 10:40 PM
senghle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can anyone help?

How can I turn off the maintenance required light after changing the timing belt?
Old 12-28-2007, 06:33 AM
strykernyc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The maintenance light has nothing to do with the timing belt.

what yr is ur accord? or u can try the search button, I am 110% sure u will find the answer.
Old 12-28-2007, 06:39 AM
losiglow

The maintainance required light shouldn't come on after a timing belt change. The light automatically comes on every 7500 miles. It isn't linked to any sensors in the engine. This is all assuming the 6th gen accord BTW, 1998-2002. From what I've heard, the 7th gen are no different. I can't remember exactly how to turn it off. It involves pushing the odometer reset button for 10 seconds with the ignition off then turning the ignition on or something like that. Do a search or look in your owners manual.
Old 12-28-2007, 11:33 PM
senghle

Default THANK losiglow

Thank losiglow and strykernyc for help. This car I just bought and seller tell me he change timing belt around 2 years ago. The light just show around 6 month ago. sorry (losiglow) When I push the odmeter reset button the number of mile change to 0 right? (my accord 98)

Last edited by senghle; 12-28-2007 at 11:42 PM.
Old 12-31-2007, 06:36 AM
losiglow

Originally Posted by senghle
Thank losiglow and strykernyc for help. This car I just bought and seller tell me he change timing belt around 2 years ago. The light just show around 6 month ago. sorry (losiglow) When I push the odmeter reset button the number of mile change to 0 right? (my accord 98)
Yes, the button should reset your mileage to 0. But you have to press and hold the button BEFORE you turn the ignition on. There should be no numbers on the odometer because the ignition is not on. Press it for about 10 seconds then with your other hand, turn the ignition (key) on while still holding the reset button. The maintenance required light should come briefly then turn off. I belive this is the way to do it though, like I said, I have to look in my owners manual ever time because I seem to forget. I'll look today and let you know if it's different. Let me know if it works.
Old 01-01-2008, 04:34 AM
BONE

The best thing to do is to press and hold the reset odometer before you turn the ignition on turn it on and count to ten real slow thats what I do. Sometimes you have to do it a few times to get it to work. The maintenence required light is set to come on at 6000 miles with about ten flashes when you start the car then it goes out and when it reaches 7500 miles it stays on.
Old 01-02-2008, 04:57 AM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

hold in the trip reset button
turn on ignition
keep holding till the light goes away.

please search next time or refer to your owners manual.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:22 AM
senghle

Default everything is fine

When do follow u it fine. now I have new problem u know sometime my car check engine light on some time off I don't know Why?

thank everyone for try to help me.