Notices
Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hovering rpms between shifts and no SRS or ABS light?

Old 12-24-2007, 08:03 PM
spidarman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hovering rpms between shifts and no SRS or ABS light?

Hello,

I am new to this forum, so be gentle. I just got my 2001 Acccord EX 4cyl coupe. I took it to my mechanic and he raped me for $2k. He did the Timing belt, clutch, tuneup, alignment, seals, belts, hoses, etc. I don't mind that, except that now I've noticed some peculiar things.

I noticed that the RPMs hover between shifting. It's like the RPM's don't really come down when I am shifting to the next higher gear. If I blip the throttle, they pause for a second or two before they start to fall. I have always had stick shift cars and my last 89 Accord never did this. Any ideas?

Also, when I start the car, the ABS and SRS lights never light up. I have searched the forum, and think that they should at least come on for a few seconds when I turn the ignition on. They are supposed to come on briefly, right? How hard is it to check for the bulbs in the dash warning lights? I hope the last owner didn't remove the bulbs.

Thanks for your help.

Arman
Old 12-24-2007, 09:14 PM
nspec_Cd5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

for the first problem, we've had the discussion many times before here. Its a normal thing w/ Accords, atleast All the manual accords i've driven have it. The rpm doesnt stay there for a second or two, but long enough for us to notice.

The ABS and teh SRS light look like some one either removed or burned em by giving them 12 volts dircet. Thats what most people do when they cant get the these lights to go off w/o proper repair.
You can usually file charges against the people you bought it from for doing it or not telling you about it and get a full refund for the car.

To open up the cluster, I do not have the instructions, but i'm pretty sure some one will show you that pretty soon here.