Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whining Noise Breakdown***

Old 12-16-2007, 06:34 PM
illmatik1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whining Noise Breakdown***

I have a 00' Accord i4 ULEV, with 177,000+ miles on it.
One day i was getting out of work and my car starts whining real loud out of nowhere, so im like ok maybe cause its cold.
than the next day it keeps doing it so i thought there was air in my system for the power steering. so i take the cap off the reserviour and move the steering wheel back and forth. and it was still whining, so than im driving to the movies with my girl and i turn on the A/C than all of a suddden the car almost shuts off and the CEL comes on. and each time i floor the gas the car stutters.

Is the P/S pump locking up?
A/C still puts out COLD air so could it be it?
Whining noise only under 1k RPM, above that really makes no noise
when parked i turn the wheel left and right really not a BIG change in sound but u can hear it its louder when its idling?

is there any DIY for removing the belts for the A/C comp n ps pump???? thanks i REALLLY need to fix this for work i just got full time so i cant mess this up thanks
Old 12-17-2007, 08:16 AM
fstop128

maybe belt issues ie tensioners, belt age, too tight too loose, slipping. at your mileage, the whine is probably the power steering pump it may be going out. power steering pumps usually moan loudly when they r going bad. belts would screech.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:10 AM
koharc6161

also check out the water pump, sometimes they noises when they start to go.... but it seems like you have two diff. issues, the car stalling and stuff and the whinning may be unrelated, then you need to think about belts locking up or idle control issues (i.e. tps, IACV or IAC, or mass air flow issues) which are causing the motor to under perform when changes in load or air/fuel are occuring.
Old 12-17-2007, 03:01 PM
nspec_Cd5

sounds like ur powersteering pump is locking up, turning the compressor on will take more power away from the motor and not let it spin as the powersteering pump as fast.

easy way to check:
take off the powersteering belt temporarily and see if it does it again.
Old 12-17-2007, 04:19 PM
illmatik1

yeah the power steering locked cuz that what i wuz thinking, i did the CEL test, i got code 9 the CYB sensor, anyone how much this run for?? or if any damage was done?? thanks and any one have a DYI for reinstalling the power steering pump etc.. thanks again

and about removing the power steering pump, wont that fuck up my rack n pinion??
Old 12-17-2007, 07:23 PM
illmatik1

where is the cyp sensor located???