Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Keyless Entry/Alarm Problem--2004 EX

Old 12-14-2007, 02:38 PM
nan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Keyless Entry/Alarm Problem--2004 EX

I'm new to this & couldn't find any problem like this. On an after market keyless entry on a 2004 Accord EX, the remote unlocks doors BUT also sets off the alarm. The alarm won't go off until a key used in the door lock to disarm it. An experienced installer hasn't been able to resolve it so I thought maybe someone has seen this happen or knows a solution.
Old 12-14-2007, 03:44 PM
nspec_Cd5

when ever that person installed the system he didnot disable the factory alarm. thats why when ever the system unlocks the car, the original system thinks that someone is breaking in.
Old 12-14-2007, 03:56 PM
nan

thank you. but what if I want to use the factory alarm with the after market keyless entry? do you mean that the factory alarm had to be disabled before keyless entry installation and re-abled afterwards?
Old 12-14-2007, 09:35 PM
nspec_Cd5

Ur car already has a factory keyless entry system. b

u'd be better off pulling out the aftermarket alarm that you have and program ur key to work w/ the factory alarm again.

look for "how to program teh fob" or something like that on this forum. its here somewhere.
Old 12-15-2007, 08:29 AM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

Who installed the Keyless system?
Old 12-15-2007, 02:35 PM
DOZ5

Your alarm is not disarming correctly or at all. Whoever installed this did not test the system before giving you back your vehicle. Or did not know what the hell they were doing.

Your remote entry/ starter /alarm should disarm when unlocking the doors and arm when locking the doors.

I believe the alarm disarm shoud be pulled to ground (Chasis) and float when arm. This should be done with a didcated digital output from your newly installed system.