Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SRS light stays on - 2000 Accord EX, 4-Cly

Old 12-17-2007, 05:18 AM
8bitrevolution

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 8bitrevolution
I knew it'd trigger one of the lights; just couldn't remember if it was the SRS. Mine came on last week 'cos I had a few packages sitting there.
Eh, I was wrong on this one. Weight may trigger the SRS light but I was thinking of the "Side Airbag" light - that was what came on for me. I checked it this morning.

Oh yeah, and as a newbie to the forum, I've asked for help on a few things but haven't gotten to try anything yet henceforth no reporting back (yet). That huge ice storm sweeping through the midwest? That's where I'm at. Doesn't explain the others but I want to give something back to the forums if I can.

Last edited by 8bitrevolution; 12-17-2007 at 05:22 AM.
Old 08-24-2008, 01:30 PM
1199c

hi. i have a 2000 accord 4cyl and i did the reset procedure, and the srs light comes back after about 20min any suggestions?
Old 08-24-2008, 01:35 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Originally Posted by 1199c
hi. i have a 2000 accord 4cyl and i did the reset procedure, and the srs light comes back after about 20min any suggestions?

Then there is a persistent fault in the SRS system that needs repair.
I'm not familiar with the specifics as it applies to the Accord, but there is a process to retrieve the fault code from the SRS computer. That's the next step.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 08-27-2008, 03:21 PM
1199c

Originally Posted by TheOtherDave™
Then there is a persistent fault in the SRS system that needs repair.
I'm not familiar with the specifics as it applies to the Accord, but there is a process to retrieve the fault code from the SRS computer. That's the next step.
is there anyone out there that can offer some advice?
Old 08-27-2008, 03:38 PM
stereo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the only scanner that reads SRS codes is the HDS or PGM-Tester or OEM level scanners that being said theres the backdoor way to check SRS and ABS ,TCS codes and even CEL is to ground the SCS wire in your OBD2 connector if I remember right it's the brown one in the corner on the plug if you pop it out ...short it to groung and turn the key to the on position ...I REPEAT USE AT YOUR OWN RISK...and verify the wire as I don't want you crying to me if you blow up your computer because you grounded the wrong wire!
Old 08-28-2008, 04:25 PM
1199c

Originally Posted by stereo
the only scanner that reads SRS codes is the HDS or PGM-Tester or OEM level scanners that being said theres the backdoor way to check SRS and ABS ,TCS codes and even CEL is to ground the SCS wire in your OBD2 connector if I remember right it's the brown one in the corner on the plug if you pop it out ...short it to groung and turn the key to the on position ...I REPEAT USE AT YOUR OWN RISK...and verify the wire as I don't want you crying to me if you blow up your computer because you grounded the wrong wire!
when i do this how do i read the codes?
Old 08-29-2008, 01:37 PM
stereo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1199c
when i do this how do i read the codes?

the SRS light light will flash the trouble code...
Old 08-31-2008, 12:13 PM
1199c

Originally Posted by stereo
the SRS light light will flash the trouble code...
thanks i'll try it and let you know how i make out