Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

suspension tech

Old 10-12-2002, 04:48 PM
92 wagon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default suspension tech

hey, everyone, i recently just bout some 18 inch arospeed rs-gt for my 92 accord ex wagon and now looking for a way to lower it. i have it down to either the eibach pro kit or the suspension tech kit. the suspension tech kit has a spring specifically for a wagon, but i have not read too much about this spring, the eibach kit is the same for the 2 door, 4 door and wagon, and it lowers it about 1.2 inches. does anyone have any experience with suspension tech? also, with the eiback spring being generic for 2 door, 4 door, adn wagon, will my wagon be lower in the back than the front b/c of the extra weight? i just dont know what to go with. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

also, i was wondering about new shocks. are the kyb agx an ok shock to go with or will it be too soft, or should i go with the kyb agx and have teh adjustaility, it is not necessary to me to hafe that adjusatbality, but i want a good ride tha hopefully will not rub. also, i have been lookin at the tokico since that is what i had on another ride? should i go with them? if so, what kind??
thanks so much for any help
Old 10-12-2002, 05:52 PM
AcuraFanatic

I haven't heard much on Suspension Tech. Eibach has been on the scene for many years, and they're probably the best bet to go with. You may pay a little more now, but in the long run you'd be more satisfied with the product.

As for the possibility of a drooping rear end, while the wagon has more weight, I don't think it'd be significant enough to detect any differences using the naked eye. You can ask a respected dealer who may have had experience lowering any wagon versus sedan curb weights if such a problem may occur.

KYB makes excellent shocks, although I haven't had any experience with the AGX. My bet is that they're as good as any other product that KYB makes. Tokico is also a good company, but personally I'd stick with the KYB's.

But either of the two choices (KYB ro Tokico) won't be a bad one.
Old 10-13-2002, 03:59 AM
dave94ex
moded but still slow

I have heard complaints about Tokiko shocks. I am not saying they are bad - just that I have heard peole complain about them while I have never herad anything negative about KYB.

FYI - AGX=adjustable, GR2=nonadjustable

I have the prokits with AGX and I am very happy with the set up. With 18's you might want a lower drop than the prokit. Check out the sportlines. If you go with the sportlines you will probably want something better than the GR-2's

I would also look into the saggy butt issue further cause with the prokit the rear is a hair lower in the back than in the front on my 94 ex sedan.

What is the weight difference btwn the sedan and wagon?
Old 10-13-2002, 01:29 PM
vtecinside
Cracker Quack!

Originally posted by dave94ex
I would also look into the saggy butt issue further cause with the prokit the rear is a hair lower in the back than in the front on my 94 ex sedan.

the saggy butt thing is more of an illusion caused by the larger wheel well in the front than a result of the springs lowering unevenly....
most folks that drop notice this. the only way to correct this is to drop the car lower in the front, or raise the rears with coilovers or adjustable perches.

noel
Old 10-14-2002, 03:54 AM
dave94ex
moded but still slow

True, but it is actually a little of both. The prokits do drop the rears a little more than the fronts (1/4" I think). But when you measure they are almost, but not quite , the same.

If i get the H22 it should level things out quite ncely - yeah right, I'm dreaming!
Old 10-14-2002, 06:03 AM
v4lu3s

i have a 92 wagon and tokico blues with suspension techniques speedtech springs. the back end is too soft...its rides fine handle great, but as soon as i put stuff in the back seat or in the back, my exhaust scrapes a lot. I would find out what springs rates the springs are before putting them in, the 180lb/in that are in the back on mine are just too soft.
Old 10-14-2002, 03:24 PM
Bl@ck
Sinner

Originally posted by vtecinside
the saggy butt thing is more of an illusion caused by the larger wheel well in the front than a result of the springs lowering unevenly....
most folks that drop notice this. the only way to correct this is to drop the car lower in the front, or raise the rears with coilovers or adjustable perches.

noel
or get a set of springs that takes that into account(ie 2.5" front/2" rear drop).