Notices

HID vs. PIAA Bulbs........

Old 07-29-2007, 10:39 AM
joshman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HID vs. PIAA Bulbs........

I have a 97 EX V6 and my left headlight keeps burning out. I have bought Sylvanias about 3 times now in the past year and a half. I always like having a nice pair of headlight because stock bulbs are so crappy and throw hardly any light. Now that I've had another bulb burn out I am considering an HID kit.
Check it out: http://www.xenonlink.com/product_inf...roducts_id=142

I think that it is a really good price but are they worth the money? Or should I get PIAA's best bulbs. I have read some reviews on car domain about them and a lot of people like them. But they are $80....thats a lot for bulbs.

So is the HID kit worth it or should I get some high priced bulbs??
Thanks
Old 07-29-2007, 11:45 AM
BONE

If I were you I would do a retrofit and get HIDs instead of installing those HIDs in the factory housing. In some cases there is too much glare from installing HID lights in a factory housing while a retrofit would give you a cleaner light with a nice cut off. As for the bulbs save your money.
Old 07-29-2007, 12:43 PM
joshman

Originally Posted by BONE
If I were you I would do a retrofit and get HIDs instead of installing those HIDs in the factory housing. In some cases there is too much glare from installing HID lights in a factory housing while a retrofit would give you a cleaner light with a nice cut off. As for the bulbs save your money.
So instead of of having a nice concentrated beam it will be reflecting all over? I just looked at some retrofits and they are expensive. Thanks for the help. If you know of any inexpensive retrofits let me know.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:05 PM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

There's no such thing as a cheap retro...
Old 07-29-2007, 08:39 PM
b12uceHuy
Jizz Maste12

Get some Ebay projectors and slap in your HID's that what I did, light output is GREAT!

Last edited by b12uceHuy; 07-29-2007 at 08:42 PM.
Old 07-30-2007, 07:54 AM
Torque

It may cost a little more then you would like but I believe "you get what you pay for" I've seen to many HID kits that may look pretty but in most cases if not all, They don't put any usable light on the road. Meanwhile your blinding other drivers. And that in itself is very annoying. Your better off saving that $80 dollars towards a retrofit. There are plenty of write ups on DIY retro.
Ever since I installed my retrofit, I loved it. Don't see myself ever going back to Halogen.
Old 07-30-2007, 06:20 PM
stereo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

retrofit are cheep if you do all the labor yourself it's basically the price of the projectors + the bulbs & ballest.. or do what someone esle said and get some TYC projectors and a kit it has less glare then the stock housing but nowhere as nice as a retrofit...been there done that!
Old 08-03-2007, 06:09 AM
nspec_Cd5

forget the projectors. get those HIDs
Old 08-04-2007, 11:01 AM
Torque

nspec, if you just slap HID's in the OEM housing. THe light will scatter all over, blinding drivers and not reflecting the light on the road where it's needed most. It may look pretty, but it will be pretty useless.
Old 08-04-2007, 12:16 PM
hussman2001
Huss

if you keep blowing bulbs try getting a bulb from honda my accord kept doing that and i went through sylvania hella and piaa bulbs for some reason the car did not like the high output bulbs but the honda ones have lasted the longest