Notices
Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbie fuel acceleration and brakes help???

Old 06-05-2007, 09:51 AM
Decipher0

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie fuel acceleration and brakes help???

Newbie fuel acceleration and brakes help???

Two questions..
Some background…I am new here and see that you guys help out a lot. I got my first car… its an 02 V6 Accord Sedan. I put in a Fujita CAI and just drained and filled my Tranny fluid (it has about 60k on it). I just replaced the rear two break pads and wheels.

I notice that when I fill my gas tank up I get better performance and as the tank gets to about half way done the car is harder to accelerate and there is less power. Is this normal or is there a problem with the fuel injection, pressure or something? I have tried those fuel injector cleaners you put into the gas tank. it helped a little if not none (since I put it when I fill up).

The second question is…When I put a sudden brake (esp. on wet roads or snow) The car stops but I can feel a rumble on the brakes. I also noticed that when I put the car in neutral before I stop the car stops on a dime with no “rumble”. It is also taking more pressure on the breaks to slow the car down. Any Ideas?

Please any help would be great. I have no cash and try and to solve as much as I can with out going to a shop.

Thank you
Old 06-05-2007, 01:34 PM
F22B Prelude
Rachel Bilson

Rumble could be your ABS system
Old 06-05-2007, 03:48 PM
Decipher0

Thanks F22B Prelude...
So this rumble is normal??
or Should I check it some how?

And
Any ideas about the fuel thing?
Old 06-05-2007, 06:54 PM
Fuse

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my cents

When the abs kicks you feel the peddle rumble. I think don't quote me on it when you put it into neutral it de activates the abs???? I will have to try it some time. Plus when you put it into neutral you usually do stop faster you eliminate the engine reving down this is a slight drag on the brake system.

For the other question it sounds like you have a hole in you pick up for the fuel pump.Do you have a cel? This would cause it to run lean on a low tank the hole in the pick up sucks air on a low tank. Molest of the time this also make it hard to start on a low tank. DO you also have a hard start? You will have to test fuel psi on a full tank and a half tank.
Old 06-06-2007, 07:42 AM
Intrepid241

Rumble is ABS
Old 06-06-2007, 08:45 AM
flyromeo3

i notice when my brake pads or tires start to fade I notice the ABS kicks in more often especially in wet weather.
Old 06-06-2007, 03:21 PM
Fuse

Update, no when you put in in neutral it dose not de activate the abs. Tested it today. So ignore that.
Old 06-06-2007, 06:43 PM
Decipher0

Thanks Guys for the input.

So Fuse, you tried the ABS you felt a rumble on the pedal like the axel is still spinning but you are stopping? Does this happen to all cars with ABS? Fuse, did you feel the rumble in neutral?

But no Fuse, I do not have a hard start when the tank is low. Never had a problem with starting. And what is cel? You asked about.

flyromeo3, I guess I should recheck the pads. Tires are good.
Old 06-06-2007, 06:49 PM
Decipher0

Sorry, I just found out Check Engine Light = CEL, And Yes it did recently start doing that blinking on fresh start and then stops but I thought it was because I reached the 60k mark.
Old 06-06-2007, 06:51 PM
Fuse

? abs works in all gears went to a dirt lot in a customers car. Probably should have not done that. So yes I felt the rumble.

I think you are talking about your maintenance light. Cel is the one with the little engine in it.

Last edited by Fuse; 06-06-2007 at 06:56 PM.