Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VSS problems

Old 05-22-2007, 03:36 PM
babybluecivic96

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VSS problems

i have a 96 civic cx just put in a d15b wired it all up it worked great for 2minutes now my speedo goes haywire i plugged in a new sensor and got the same thing got any ideas????
Old 05-22-2007, 04:18 PM
Fuse

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its a 3 wire sensor right?

Ok if it is, one wire is hot one wire is ground and one is signal.

From what I can tell the black yellow is your hot wire check for 12 volts with the ignition in the on position.If not you have unwanted resistance,an open or short in this wire,or a blown fuse.

The black wire is your ground check to see if you have 0 ohms.If you have more that .3 ohms or are reading infinite ohms you have un wanted resistance or an open in this wire.

The blue white is you signal this is the hard part you need a meter that can read Hertz or an oscilloscope.Raze the car and run it on jack stands.You should see the hertz go up as you tires spin faster if you do not and you have good power and ground you have a bad sensor.

Ok lets say all 3 check ok.Check you hertz at the blue white wire on you gauge.If you see hertz it is in you gauge cluster if not you have an open in the blue white wire from your sender to your cluster.

Also check to see that you sender is in properly and not damaged. HAVE FUN

Last edited by Fuse; 05-22-2007 at 04:37 PM.
Old 05-23-2007, 06:27 AM
Saiyan_Prince

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sure am glad to know I'm not going crazy, and I'm even gladder to see that someone else understood what I was trying to say.

Just as you have tried, my exhaust is good, and I'll be checking out the EGR valve this weekend (not sure if it'll take care of the misfiring, but it should at the very least minimize, if not eliminate the slight pining sound I have when the car is under a load, like going up hill).

Also, in reading other threads here, a 94 Civic was having the same problem as us (misfiring at partial throttle), and someone recommended taking a look at the Crankshaft Position Sensor (located in the distributor of ODB1 Hondas), which is the same for our 94 and 95 model Accords.

I'll keep updating as I find more stuff and work on the car...