Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

94 Honda Accord Brake Problem!!! HELP!

Old 05-14-2007, 03:37 AM
WillGatlin18
AccordDisaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 Honda Accord Brake Problem!!! HELP!

Whats up.

I've been having problems with my brake system reciently. I had my fuel intake system cleaned by shell (a buddy of mine works at a shell shop) and on the way home my brakes went out almost completely. I was slowing down and BOOM my brakes decended to the floor. Pulling the E brake didnt do much to help stopping the car.
As soon as i started to move again i was driving down a hill to get home and when i was slowing down the brakes worked fine again.

The next day i took my car to a Bucky's Service Center to check my brakes. Their immediate diagnosis was, "your master cylinder is bad." Thats what I was thinking too... So i immediately said, ok go for it. 300 dollars later i got the call the next day, 6 hours after they said they'd call. "Your brakes are done!" I said, "Ok ill be right there."

When I got there the first question i asked was, "Did you test drive it, is it working properly?" The manager said, "Ya of course, its fine." After having to crawl from the passenger side of my car to the drivers seat to get into the car (because they parked my car like 2 inches from some other fuckers car) I started it up and the brake pedal went really far down. My first thought was, "huh, thats a little wierd..." Stupidly, I drove off down the road. When I got to the first intersection the brakes went down REALLY FAR and almost didnt stop the car. I was soooo pissed off! I immediately turned the car around and drove back. When i got there I slowed down as much as i could and had to hit a curb to avoid slamming into their shop, (i should have driven right through the fucker) anyway I went inside and spoke to the manager.

He immediately gave me a strange look and then said, "ok lets pull it in and check it out." 5 minutes later a worker came out and said, "dude, you've got a bad master cylinder." I flippin lost it on him. I was like, "You said i had a bad master 2 days ago, i asked you if you test drove it, you said yes, and now i almost fuckin died just tryin to get home, what is this bullshit?" He said, "Uh I dont know, but we pinched off the brake lines and it went to the floor."

Heres the deal. I will never take my car back to buckys again and no I wasnt going to let them work on my car again to "FIX" it. I got the car home and after driving it a little bit the brakes are working better, but the pedal still goes down really far. If you're idling there is a lot of pressure but if you push hard you can get the pedal all the way to the floor and im pretty sure you're not supposed to be able to do that.
The master is brand new, i had it checked by my friend at shell and he said its holding pressure just fine, who would guess, its not the fuckin master!

What im wondering is this: After I had the fuel intake system cleaned the brakes went really far down and actually went almost all the way out on me. The booster vaccume is fed by the intake, and if they cleaned the intake maybe a sudden chunk of crap got sucked into the vaccume line and killed the brakes for a second? Becuase the brakes went out litterally on the drive home which was all of about 2 minutes. Now they are working fine, but the pedal goes down really far before the brakes engage.

My questions are these: Has anyone ever had something like this happen after cleaning their throttle body intake system? Has anyone ever had their brake pedal go down really far before the brakes engage? And lastly, if these symptoms occur, what is the solution or possible causes?

I will NEVER take my car to buckys again. They are fast talking and cheap fuck up repair shops and not worth your money. Its worse than a car dealership. I should have taken my shit to honda.

Any responses or ideas?

PLEASE CONTACT ME!!

Will Gatlin
willgatlin@hotmail.com
AIM: WilliamTyler18
MSN: willgatlin@Hotmail.com
Old 05-17-2007, 06:17 AM
pandafb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The pedal having a lot of travel and a mushy feel is usually because there is air in the system, maybe you have a small leak somewhere that allowed air to get in(?) Try bleeding the brakes and see what happens... As for that repair shop... did they acutally change your master cyl? If I understand the system correctly a plugged vaccum line to the booster would make the brakes very "heavy" feeling since there is no power to help you stop, your foot has to provide all the power.... Good luck.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:04 AM
JimBlake

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

A chunk of stuff going into the vacuum booster will not make the pedal sink. If the booster looses all vacuum the pedal will become very hard & you'll have to use LOTS of muscle to stop the car. But the pedal won't sink.