Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

light headed when using AC

Old 05-12-2007, 03:01 PM
pablontx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default light headed when using AC

Hello,

The last several times I've turned the car on and started driving with the AC system on auto and a cooler temperature than outside I have gotten rather light headed within a few minutes.

I was starting to think I had some heart condition until I realized this only happen when driving in my car with AC. The last time this started I immediately turned the system off and rolled the windows down and the effects stopped increasing and subsided shortly.

Could this possible be freon leaking from the AC system into the cabin? Any other thoughts?
Old 05-12-2007, 06:26 PM
WillGatlin18
AccordDisaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

your either loosing your mind...

or your leaking a fairly good amount of refridgerant into your car cabin. heres a simple test. if your car is in good condiiton and doesnt overheat do this:

turn car on, let it get to normal operating temp
roll up all windows, and close sun roof
turn on A/C full blast and temp on cold
come back in 15 minutes and open the car
check the inside temp

if its still cold run the test again after letting your car vent out

if your leaking coolant your car should stop cooling when its low, the compressor will turn off when it senses low coolant.

thats a good test for a leak.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:27 AM
JimBlake

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If refrigerant were leaking, it wouldn't last long. It would all leak out & then your AC wouldn't work.

Are you setting the 'recirculate' button? Try the 'fresh air' setting while AC is running. Maybe it's not the AC but it's the lack of new air coming into the car.