Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

h23a + boost

Old 03-06-2007, 07:42 AM
platinumx6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default h23a + boost

Alright, my friend is hooking me up with a 95 accord with a jdm h23a vtec. I made the account so i can read more info but have yet to find the info im looking for. All the info i have below is from searching/HT but HT is down atm.

Alright, How much boost and power(whp) can the block hold? I ask each because PSI determins the life if rings and such correct? While whp will determin life of sleeves/rods?

Also, does this motor come with an LSD, i herd it does but i cant find any info to support this.

I would like to boost the motor for 350whp and i plan on upgrading worn parts(ring upgrades?) but keeping the oem rods/pistons and im wandering if this can be done safely/reliably as long as my tuner does a good job. The engine already comes with low compresion.

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:18 AM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by platinumx6
Alright, my friend is hooking me up with a 95 accord with a jdm h23a vtec. I made the account so i can read more info but have yet to find the info im looking for. All the info i have below is from searching/HT but HT is down atm.

Alright, How much boost and power(whp) can the block hold? I ask each because PSI determins the life if rings and such correct? While whp will determin life of sleeves/rods?

Also, does this motor come with an LSD, i herd it does but i cant find any info to support this.

I would like to boost the motor for 350whp and i plan on upgrading worn parts(ring upgrades?) but keeping the oem rods/pistons and im wandering if this can be done safely/reliably as long as my tuner does a good job. The engine already comes with low compresion.

Thanks in advance.
The output horsepower and the boost level are directly related, so you can look at the horsepower as a wear on everything. the higher the WHP is the higher the stresses will be on everything

If you can get a good enough tune you should be able to hit 300's quite easily with that displacement on pump gas, I wouldn't want to have that as a DD boost level though.

also I personally wouldn't rip apart the bottom end unless your compression rings are already a problem, do a compression check on the cylinders, and as long as they are all within +-5% of the mean it should be fine for now.

the reason i am saying this is that the H23a has FRM-sleeves, which you probably already know, but in my mind it'd work out better to boost until you need to open up the engine. By that time hopefully you will have saved enough to have some real work completed on the bottom end.