Notices

94 accord been resting for 2 years..

Old 01-08-2007, 07:21 PM
AccordCoup94

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 accord been resting for 2 years..

hi. its been a long time since ive browsed this forum since i went to college and could not take my car with me. basically its been sitting in the back of my parents house for about about 2 years under a car cover outside with the elements. i am from pennsylvania so the weather here is pretty brutal with the summer and winters. the car has literally just sat there on a slight incline since my backyard is not perfectly level to allow for water drainage. im wondering what tips or advice you guys can give me to check for so that i can make this car driveable again. any help is always appreciated. thanks in advance.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:34 PM
peterok29

any pics of the condition and what it looks like now,i live in pa too and know how bad the weather could be.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:40 PM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

All your vacuum line are rotted.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:14 PM
AJē06

PICS of it dude... and dayumm.,.... things are gonna be fuked up over there
Old 01-09-2007, 12:41 AM
AccordCoup94

the car looks fine, started right up with no problems. ive already replaced the oil+filter and spark plugs that were in the car and there was only about a quarter of a tank of gas left in the car so i just filled it up with some 93 gas. its running pretty smoothly especially after all of the brake rust was off the brakes. i just drove it around the corner to put some gas in it, i didnt want to take any chances anywhere else. tried using the heat and its ok too. my ac never worked well to begin with so i assume its the same. there was surprisingly almost no rust on the car that i could see. it was maintained very well prior to me leaving it. is there something else i should be doing now besides the standard tune up?