Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shaving antenna

Old 10-01-2002, 03:15 PM
Rycechyk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shaving antenna

Here's the deal -- I'm removing my power antenna and need to plug the hole. What I really want is just a flat top, low profile rubber plug. I went to Home Depot and even they didn't have anything. My other thought was to get a low profile, smooth head bolt and nut and rubber washer combo, but then it'd have to be stainless steel, etc. I don't want to permanently insert a body patch or anything, just something that for now will keep the rain out until I decide whether I want to spend the money to replace it when I never listen to the radio. Any other ideas of what I should do? :dunno:
Old 10-01-2002, 03:17 PM
The Dude
Banned

duck tape
Old 10-01-2002, 03:18 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by The Dude
duck tape
duct tape.

Ryce, I got no idea man. Are you gonna get like an S2000 antennae or are you gonna relocate it to the back window or what?
Old 10-01-2002, 03:21 PM
Rycechyk

lol
I was thinking that was a awfully fast answer...doesn't take long to come up with something like that You may think my car deserves that treatment, but that's going a little too far.
Anybody else?
Old 10-01-2002, 03:26 PM
Rycechyk

RSX -- for now I'm doing without. It's just a money issue -- if I don't have to spend $50 and it will look fine without an antenna, then that's what I'll do. Never listen to the radio anymore anyway since I have the CD.
Old 10-01-2002, 03:38 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Originally posted by Rycechyk
RSX -- for now I'm doing without. It's just a money issue -- if I don't have to spend $50 and it will look fine without an antenna, then that's what I'll do. Never listen to the radio anymore anyway since I have the CD.
Hm. Then why exactly did you remove it, if I may ask? If it's power, wouldn't it be down when the radio is off anyway?
Old 10-01-2002, 03:45 PM
AcsRcool
Faster than your Geo

depends on his headunit, most of them put the antenna up when the power is on regardless of what input you are using
Old 10-01-2002, 03:48 PM
LocaL raCer
R.I.P. Kato-san

Originally posted by 02RSXTYPES

Hm. Then why exactly did you remove it, if I may ask? If it's power, wouldn't it be down when the radio is off anyway?
no, because if the headunit has power the antenna will still be extended.
Old 10-01-2002, 04:02 PM
Rycechyk

First of all guys, take a close look at my user name before you go calling me "him"

Regarding the power, this particular head unit only extends the antenna when it is switched to radio, but during CD operation it does not.

Thirdly, RSX in particular, here's the story of why I'm taking it off. I mentioned it in someone else's thread a little while back, so if some of you already know the story, just stick with me for a minute. It had been stuck for a few days -- wasn't sure if it needed WD-40 or a new lead, moter, etc. So it wouldn't go down all the way -- about 4 inches stayed up. But that wasn't the real problem. My antenna was up when I opened my trunk, and the wing bent it. Then when I tried to bend it back it cracked. I know, it was really dumb but I forgot about the wing. So of course now it can't retract so I have about 14 inches up. What was funny (now) is once while driving I forgot and turned my radio on. The cord expanded but the outer mast couldn't because it was cracked in two, so the top section was flopping around at the end of the lead which was the full length of the antenna. When I got home I had to jam it back down, but I'm still stuck with a bent power antenna that is halfway down.

All this to say, I'd rather put that money toward my Eibach's -- if I can cleanly plug the hole.
Old 10-01-2002, 04:25 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Are you blond by any chance?

I dunno what to tell you. Is the hole on a flat plane or is it curvy? They sell all sorts of rubber plugs if its on a flat plane.

If you're really desperate, I may suggest a cork painted the color of your car.