Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

apexi ws coilover install ?s

Old 10-01-2002, 01:58 PM
chinaboy80

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default apexi ws coilover install ?s

Hey i got questions for all u apexi ws coilover owners. I just bought my coilovers for my 94 accord and was wondering:

1. How do u tell which shock is left or right or does it not matter?

2. Would u guys have part #s for which springs go in front
and what side and the same for the rear?

3. Is the spring suppose say apexi right side up or upside down
when placed on the shock?

4. Do the fatter springs go on the front or on the back?

Im hoping to install these bad boys on Thurs. So any comment will be appreciated. Also i should just ziptie the brakeline to the springs right??
Old 10-01-2002, 02:42 PM
nerdburger

i dont know too much but all i know is that i heard that the bigger ones go on the back.. but i could be wrong
Old 10-01-2002, 04:06 PM
Rycechyk

This e-mail address was listed on another thread. They have directions typed up for suspension installations. jsciullo@hotmail.com
Old 10-01-2002, 04:53 PM
chinaboy80

I was also thinkin the bigger ones go in the back but wasnt sure. I know how to install em cuz i've installed springs and shocks before its juss i didnt get any instructions plus its not labeled left or right. Does that email address talk about apexi coilovers?
Old 10-02-2002, 07:09 AM
krotchwaffle

that email address is mine. the instructions don't refer to any specific suspension setup, just a how-to on removing and installing the struts and springs.

in general, the front struts are obviously different than the rear struts, so you should be able to see a difference. as far as which is left or right, there is no difference, unless the fronts have the brackets welded to the struts for the brake lines. my teins didn't, and i don't think apex does either. so, it won't make a difference which side they're on. when you zip tie the brake lines to the bottom of the struts, be sure to leave enough play so they'll be able to move and not bind up.

for springs, if there's lettering on the springs, install them so the lettering is right side up.

and if you can tell a difference, the stiffer springs go in the front, and they are also most likely shorter. sometimes the part numbers also give the spring rates, but i wouldn't be able to know for sure unless i saw them.
Old 10-02-2002, 10:42 AM
chinaboy80

yea there's no brackets for the brake lines so i guess which side to install em on doesnt matter. Is it better to ziptie the brakeline to the spring or shock itself. Well the springs seem to be the same size height wise. One set is thicker than the other. So i assume the thicker ones go in front??? what do u think?
Old 10-03-2002, 04:28 AM
krotchwaffle

i wouldn't recommend fastening them to the spring. there's a chance you could bottom out and somehow crush the brake line, or bind it up, and them you'd have no brakes, and it probably won't reach anyway. there should be a space about an inch tall b/t the bottom of the threads on the strut body and the fork (the wishbone shaped bracket). just zip tie them in that area. i have a picture from when my hub nut sheared off that has the zip tied brake lines shown if you need it.

my springs were about the same size, too. you said there was painted lettering on the springs, right? the spring rate is probably part of that number. if you can, post the numbers, and i can probably tell from them. if the lettering is not part numbers, then the thicker spring should be the stiffer one, and that's your front. just to be sure, grab a couple coils on the different springs and squeeze them. whichever is harder to move is your front.