Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Okeedoke here we go...

Old 09-29-2006, 08:59 AM
ND120883

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Okeedoke here we go...

My mechanic told me that I need new struts and strut plates for my front end. JUST for that front end he wants 600 bucks parts/labor. He's the cheapest in town too.

F the hell out of that!

I'm doin this bitch myself. I can buy all the parts and tools to do it and still save alot of money.

This here http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductL...=Strut%20Mount is a link to advance's website containing a search for a strut plate. Is this so called strut plate in these monroe mounting kits and would the strut + one of these mounting kits replace all the parts in the strut assembly?

Just wanna make sure I'm buying the right parts and whatnot.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:08 AM
flyromeo3

hahahaha......hes bending you over right now.

Honestly, tell him to go to hell. If you gotta replace the front struts ( if stock ) chances are you will have to replace the rear ones very soon.

I went ahead and purchased a set of KYB agx struts ( all 4 ) for less than 200 bucks.
I also replaced the springs with H&R O.E springs that cost me close or near to 210 I believe. I also bought strut mounts which I didnt need. they were like 10 dollars each.
Installation cost me 140.

_____
$550.00 - with parts and labor.

Now they are quoting you 600 for just two struts and 10 dollar mounting plates.
got my strut mounts from tirerack. I remember that.
Old 09-29-2006, 10:28 AM
ND120883

I know they were bending me over. The labor costs he quoted me weren't that bad, it was the parts costs. He must be ordering straight from the dealer...cause....FUCK they were expensive.

I'm just gonna invest in the air compressor/impact wrench set I've always wanted to get and do it myself. It'll be a good learning experience. I pretty much have all weekend to do it anyways.
Old 09-30-2006, 09:04 AM
flyromeo3

Originally Posted by ND120883
I know they were bending me over. The labor costs he quoted me weren't that bad, it was the parts costs. He must be ordering straight from the dealer...cause....FUCK they were expensive.

I'm just gonna invest in the air compressor/impact wrench set I've always wanted to get and do it myself. It'll be a good learning experience. I pretty much have all weekend to do it anyways.

removing them shouldnt be a problem.
When the mechanic took mine off I was looking at his work and didnt see him run into any problems. (yes, air tools are a must )
Old 09-30-2006, 12:22 PM
hidewai

Originally Posted by flyromeo3
removing them shouldnt be a problem.
When the mechanic took mine off I was looking at his work and didnt see him run into any problems. (yes, air tools are a must )
which store for you.....i would like to install its....i live in brooklyn.....how far away?thx bro
Old 09-30-2006, 09:01 PM
ND120883

LOL so I got the tools and everything, only to have the impact wrench I bought be defective...gotta get a knew one tomorrow. It doesn't do anything except pass air through...lol.

Anyone know a good way to unstake the hub nut? I broke two screwdrivers trying to do it.