Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

locking without setting alarm

Old 09-28-2006, 10:38 PM
bigals55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default locking without setting alarm

I am about to buy a new/nearly new accord tourer. My wife is disabled and spends a lot of time in the car whilst i am doing things(shopping,sport etc) and likes to lock the car doors. It appears she cannot lock the car from the passenger seat in the accord as the switch to do this is on the driver's side. Any ideas on how this can be overcome, please?
Old 09-28-2006, 11:32 PM
lk21joker
AnotherAccordOwner

What year is your accord? If it has a power door lock switch on the passenger side, make sure all doors are closed before you hit the lock switch.
Old 09-29-2006, 04:31 AM
flyromeo3

Originally Posted by bigals55
I am about to buy a new/nearly new accord tourer. My wife is disabled and spends a lot of time in the car whilst i am doing things(shopping,sport etc) and likes to lock the car doors. It appears she cannot lock the car from the passenger seat in the accord as the switch to do this is on the driver's side. Any ideas on how this can be overcome, please?

yes,...thats one thing i learned with my accord. The switch will not lock the doors if one is kept ajar.
Old 09-29-2006, 05:21 AM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

Check and see if the damn thing is plugged in.
Old 10-02-2006, 06:37 PM
Black01

Originally Posted by bigals55
Buy a car alarm with just a push of a button every door in your car will lock
Old 10-02-2006, 09:23 PM
stereo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just lock the doors with the switch but leave the key on the ACC positon the factory alarm shouldn't arm.